Class of 2019 - Jack Wood (MA) Attack | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 Jack Wood (MA) Attack

Attack unit needs firepower next year with Solomon and Voigt graduating . Cuse has had its share of teases,misses and losses at that position. Birch mentioned earlier in this thread (decommitted from Army, to PSU) was a 1st wave UA AA , is an assertive scorer who would have fit... Hopefully Cook will be ready to step in for the multifaceted Solomon , Voigt specific skillset will be difficult to replace. Always be candidates and options but those two will be missed for everything they bring to the team. Hopefully team has an extended playoff run

Another blowout win for Jack Wood and Governor's Academy against Lawrence Academy who is traditionally won of the weaker teams in the ISL. It looks like Jack Wood went 5 and 2 with some creative plays (it looks like he only played 3 quarters). He seems to let the game come to him and have fun while doing it. Of course some of these goals are way too easy and will never be scored in college (at least not without taking a hit afterwards)

I can continue to share these if people like, the past two games I thought Jack Wood particularly stood out and was impressive so I thought I’d share, but I understand that these can get repetitive and annoying. Just let me know.

Another blowout win for Jack Wood and Governor's Academy against Lawrence Academy who is traditionally won of the weaker teams in the ISL. It looks like Jack Wood went 5 and 2 with some creative plays (it looks like he only played 3 quarters). He seems to let the game come to him and have fun while doing it. Of course some of these goals are way too easy and will never be scored in college (at least not without taking a hit afterwards)

I can continue to share these if people like, the past two games I thought Jack Wood particularly stood out and was impressive so I thought I’d share, but I understand that these can get repetitive and annoying. Just let me know.

Keep posting, always good to see stuff on our recruits.

As Jeremy said, definitely keep posting. Any & all info/video is welcomed & greatly appreciated.

Jack Wood scored 2 in a one goal win vs Rivers school which is one of the stronger teams in the ISL. They have a solid defense for a high school team and Wood's two goals look good and there is definitely skill and ability in him.

Wood went for 3 goals and 1 assist against a middle of the pack Milton Academy team. I was actually able to catch this one live and I was impressed a lot by Wood's unselfish play and tough dodging. He wasn’t afraid to get physical with his defender when necessary. He scored 3 goals that were college-like. Another thing that stood out was how vocal he was and how he was a strong leader.

Wood was recently named all ISL, which is a good league. His coach had some kind words for him.

Good stuff. Going to be a shot for him to play right away if he can flash in front of the staff.

Maybe it's the number 8 but he reminds me of Joe Robertson/Max Quinzani. He looks very well rounded, and his shot is very impressive, just worry about his size/ability to create separation. He finished his junior year with 20/28 which is good but not eye-popping. Abclax any idea what his 2019 numbers were?

Maybe it's the number 8 but he reminds me of Joe Robertson/Max Quinzani. He looks very well rounded, and his shot is very impressive, just worry about his size/ability to create separation. He finished his junior year with 20/28 which is good but not eye-popping. Abclax any idea what his 2019 numbers were?
37 G, 25 A, 62 P, 17 games played, 3.65 PPG for 2019.

From what I have seen is that he played well in every game for Govs this spring except for maybe one. I haven’t seen any film on the game against Belmont Hill, but the Govs fogo got hurt and it was a low scoring game so that may have been a result of lack of possessions. Jack Wood put away many of the less competitive teams in the ISL and often didn’t play in the fourth quarter in those games. He had a very good game against St Sebs who had Will Frisoli (IL #6 2019, Duke commit) covering him as well as a Penn commit on their defense and a goalie committed to UMich. We will have to wait and see how his game transitions to college.

Another random note, I know it is obvious that his coach would say good things about him, but Steve Moreland is a very good and knowledgeable coach who coached guys like Ryder Garnsey during his pg year.

Sorry for this rant just my two cents

From what I have seen is that he played well in every game for Govs this spring except for maybe one. I haven’t seen any film on the game against Belmont Hill, but the Govs fogo got hurt and it was a low scoring game so that may have been a result of lack of possessions. Jack Wood put away many of the less competitive teams in the ISL and often didn’t play in the fourth quarter in those games. He had a very good game against St Sebs who had Will Frisoli (IL #6 2019, Duke commit) covering him as well as a Penn commit on their defense and a goalie committed to UMich. We will have to wait and see how his game transitions to college.

Another random note, I know it is obvious that his coach would say good things about him, but Steve Moreland is a very good and knowledgeable coach who coached guys like Ryder Garnsey during his pg year.

Sorry for this rant just my two cents

ABC good to see you back on the board. Would love to get your take on the season and 2020

Hes shifty! Kind of reminds me of Garnsey. Much quicker with his movements than Rice, but maybe not as good from behind X. I think he could contribute next season if his league is that good.