Class of 2020 - Joey Carino (NY: Stepinac) Flipped to UAlbany Football | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 Joey Carino (NY: Stepinac) Flipped to UAlbany Football

I never believed he would play at Cuse ever since he committed. Easy to tell that he was more interested in football. I don’t really understand why he ever even committed to play lacrosse. Really wasted his time and ours. I don’t blame him for his decision but don’t commit early like he did. I don’t think you play football at Albany vs lax at Cuse unless you love football more. Free school is nice but weighing the options Cuse is better. Better college degree that looks better, chance to play D1, Albany was 3-8 last year. I just get frustrated cuz I knew from day one he wasn’t coming to Syracuse, so how does he not know he loves football more. If it was a good school it would be different I would understand more.

I never believed he would play at Cuse ever since he committed. Easy to tell that he was more interested in football. I don’t really understand why he ever even committed to play lacrosse. Really wasted his time and ours. I don’t blame him for his decision but don’t commit early like he did. I don’t think you play football at Albany vs lax at Cuse unless you love football more. Free school is nice but weighing the options Cuse is better. Better college degree that looks better, chance to play D1, Albany was 3-8 last year. I just get frustrated cuz I knew from day one he wasn’t coming to Syracuse, so how does he not know he loves football more. If it was a good school it would be different I would understand more.

I live 5 miles from UAlbany, am friends with Professors who work there, students who attend, try to actively support their sports teams, etc. But i can say with 100% conviction, everything about the School is a tier below Syracuse University. I also assume, but couldnt say for sure (as Im a member of neither) that the SU Lacrosse fraternity will take you further than Albany football.

In the end, I dont begrudge any kid their choice, and look forward to cheering him on (exept when he plays the Orange).

Agree. He made it VERY obvious he wanted to play football. Every post was about who was offering him what in Football...zero mention of Cuse lacrosse...who knows where he will go, and i am obviously biased as a Cuse alum and fan...but bad call in my opinion unless money was a huge factor as well

Congrats to the kid, many would choose football over lax especially a qb getting a full ride. Doubt much handwringing by staff over this.

I live 5 miles from UAlbany, am friends with Professors who work there, students who attend, try to actively support their sports teams, etc. But i can say with 100% conviction, everything about the School is a tier below Syracuse University. I also assume, but couldnt say for sure (as Im a member of neither) that the SU Lacrosse fraternity will take you further than Albany football.

In the end, I dont begrudge any kid their choice, and look forward to cheering him on (exept when he plays the Orange).
Full ride vs some cash.