Class of 2020 - Joey Carino (NY: Stepinac) Flipped to UAlbany Football | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 Joey Carino (NY: Stepinac) Flipped to UAlbany Football

I still have an inkling he'll go the JR Zazzara route opting to play football elsewhere vs. Cuse lax.
I was thinking the same. Some of those football programs offer athletic scholarships.

I was thinking the same. Some of those football programs offer athletic scholarships.

Depends on whether or not the level of offer steps up. Right now is only 1AA teams who have offered. If a lower end D1 team makes an offer I would start to be concerned. Seems like he really likes Lax so I think were in good shape but you never know.

I still have an inkling he'll go the JR Zazzara route opting to play football elsewhere vs. Cuse lax.
You guys are probably right about football, but I am cautiously optimistic that the fact that he is willing to spend 4 days this summer playing with other D1 lacrosse commits is a good sign of his love for lax.

I like the fact that he is still focusing on playing lacrosse. Obviously more football offers will come but just maybe he will stay lax focused

I will be shocked if he makes it to SU to play lacrosse ..Football seems to be his primary interest as he heavily publicizes his offers

I will be shocked if he makes it to SU to play lacrosse ..Football seems to be his primary interest as he heavily publicizes his offers
I agree I think we can safely say he isn’t going to be a part of next years class. Can’t blame him he can get a full ride playing football. He’ll prolly be in the UA game as the token football commit they so frequently like to include.

I agree I think we can safely say he isn’t going to be a part of next years class. Can’t blame him he can get a full ride playing football. He’ll prolly be in the UA game as the token football commit they so frequently like to include.

I wouldn't say that at all. Right now his offers are only for 1AA schools and unless some big time D1 schools come calling I think SU is still his most likely destination.

I wouldn't say that at all. Right now his offers are only for 1AA schools and unless some big time D1 schools come calling I think SU is still his most likely destination.

With the long term effects of repeated head trauma coming to the forefront in recent years and combined with the recent report that medical decisions are at times overruled by the head coach of these major football programs, I'd be even more hesitant to play college football. Football being a revenue generating sport plays a huge part in this issue I would imagine.

Link to the article for those interested.

I’ll absolutely give you props if he does end up at Cuse. I have just always believed he prefers football based off his social media and watching other recruits in his situation.

Full schollie, hard to match that. Unfortunate to say the least.
It makes the most sense, especially if he loves playing football more. I'm not worried though, I feel confident that we can either flip someone and if not we have underclassmen ready to step up.

Wonder if he still ends up on the lax field... albany football prob had a scholarship to burn

Wonder if he still ends up on the lax field... albany football prob had a scholarship to burn

Tough to make both sports work at once.

He'll miss Fall LAX during the Football season, and he'll miss Spring FB during LAX.

Not impossible, but challenging.

Will Yeatman did it at Maryland, but he was only a blocking TE, not a QB.

Tough to make both sports work at once.

He'll miss Fall LAX during the Football season, and he'll miss Spring FB during LAX.

Not impossible, but challenging.

Will Yeatman did it at Maryland, but he was only a blocking TE, not a QB.

I was saying moreso if albany can stash him on a football scholarship and let him play lacrosse. UAlbany giving up a football scholarship isnt the same as Maryland.

I was saying moreso if albany can stash him on a football scholarship and let him play lacrosse. UAlbany giving up a football scholarship isnt the same as Maryland.

Possible but the NCAA watches stuff like that closely, if he left the fball team the schollie would shift to the lax team and definitely wouldn't be a full ride

FCS teams only have 63 scholarships to hand out.