Class of 2019 - Josh Zawada (NC / Hill Acad) Flipped to Michigan | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 Josh Zawada (NC / Hill Acad) Flipped to Michigan

http://usatodayhss.com/?p=101220988

WASHINGTON — With the game tied and less than nine minutes to secure a spot in the semifinals, midfielder Josh Zawada took matters into his own hands.

While No. 3 Hill Academy’s offense was stuck in a rut, Zawada scored two goals in less than two minutes.

“He seemed to want the ball in his stick in that pressure situation when it was tight,” Hill Academy coach Brodie Merrill said of Zawada. “That was a good sign for a young player. I thought it was a turning point in the game.”

Ty Xanders‏ @tyxanders
Roster release for next week's Committed Combine. Tons of big names on here from all over the map & all four classes. Excited to be on site!

DFRzS0MWsAEr8KR.jpg

This kid may have one of the more interesting stories out of all of our recent recruits. A box player from North Carolina. Just find that interesting. Wonder if he has any connection/ties to Canada.

Just found this video on Zawada. He scored a goal, but had a ton of shots get saved by the Calvert Hall goalie who appeared to be standing on his head. Video also features 2018 commit, Owen Hill on Hill Academy scoring a goal.

I watched Zawada play semis and finals. He plays all over the field but often from x where he moves well in either direction against what in my mind is an indicator of performance at the DI level, excellent long poles. Shoots accurately surrounded by defenders, dodges and charges from the alleys, handles well, passes well. In my mind, he is one of the better all-round offensive players in the 2020 class. Maybe as good as any attack men in several years. They list him as a middie. I like him at the x. The first big, highly skilled attack in a long time.

I also watched the semis and finals, what really surprised me was that he could use both hands very well which doesn’t limit his dodge from X, usually Canadians look like they have just started playing when they use their off hand but not with this kid.
What I also liked about him is his IQ no dodge isn’t high risk, he dodges to good areas and turns his hip and outside shoulder which enables him to get off a quality shot!

I think we have some great classes coming in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom