Class of 2022 - New Commit: Luke Rhoa (DC: St John's) Mid | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 New Commit: Luke Rhoa (DC: St John's) Mid

He runs his alley dodges very well. He doesn’t blow by with speed, but takes good angles and has the combo of enough speed, physicality — and IQ playing off his teammates — to consistently get a step.

He has plenty of range, was nearly impossible to knock off the ball and has range and varies his shot. At times was an overwhelming offensive force.

No. 1 2022 mid in Maryland and he’s only a three star? Seems like a preposterous notion. Kid has to be at least a four star

He looks almost exactly like Jamie Trimboli. Like shockingly similar. The deadly overhand shot, both hands, likes to take the body slightly then quickly pivot, the hitch moves, it all looks like Trimboli. These are good things!

Spot on - Trimboli also isn't the fastest guy on the field but he is so smart with his dodging that he gets separation. Looks like a really good shooter and his passing looks good as well - sometimes kids with big shots get enamored with just shooting, that doesn't seem to be the case here.

Tape shows a smart well rounded talent that can shoot and pass well with either hand (couldn't tell if he was righty or lefty art first ), a mid with solid frame, good vision and natural instincts .Would like to have seen some full field runs to better measure speed but looks fine with changes of pace throwing off defenders and creating separation, has grasp of angles and knows how to use body. Could develop into a better version of Lipka who was a solid mid for us.

He looks almost exactly like Jamie Trimboli. Like shockingly similar. The deadly overhand shot, both hands, likes to take the body slightly then quickly pivot, the hitch moves, it all looks like Trimboli. These are good things!
hate to disagree, but he looks more like a young Wisnauskas to me. His size and solid base in addition to his multi angle hard shot might suggest a transition to attack.

hate to disagree, but he looks more like a young Wisnauskas to me. His size and solid base in addition to his multi angle hard shot might suggest a transition to attack.

Either one seems like a great addition

This kids game is smooth. I really like him a lot. Still eager to see who the middies are that step up and replace the current core of Trimbo, Curry, Dordevic, Quinn, Seebold, etc.

I hope Magnan and Fiorini take the next step in upcoming years. Both were UA All-Americans.

I watched this 3 minute video of fall highlights (which makes it the most recent we have) and Rhoa looks like a talented shooter. I see the Trimboli comparisons for sure. The overhand releases of the two look similar. Rhoa has a couple different release points, but his overhand release looks very good. Rhoa doesn't use his body against his defender in a single clip on this video, nor does he go behind the cage, so I'm not keen on a move to attack. I haven't seen enough recent Wisnauskas highlights to comment on that comparison. Wisnauskas in HS was a talented shooter and passer and kinda looked like a basketball player posting up and surveying defenses. We don't see much passing from Rhoa here.

I watched this 3 minute video of fall highlights (which makes it the most recent we have) and Rhoa looks like a talented shooter. I see the Trimboli comparisons for sure. The overhand releases of the two look similar. Rhoa has a couple different release points, but his overhand release looks very good. Rhoa doesn't use his body against his defender in a single clip on this video, nor does he go behind the cage, so I'm not keen on a move to attack. I haven't seen enough recent Wisnauskas highlights to comment on that comparison. Wisnauskas in HS was a talented shooter and passer and kinda looked like a basketball player posting up and surveying defenses. We don't see much passing from Rhoa here.
yeah, I take back the Wisnauskas comparison. His early videos showed him to be tall and thin. He lost a few inches. Good hard shot with either hand, good moves either way, for me too much wind up in his overhand shots. He won't get away with it in college because he won't have quite the room he has in hs. I'd still like to see him from x either as a mid or attack. Anyway Trimboli is a much better comparison. Still looks like a promising recruit.

yeah, I take back the Wisnauskas comparison. His early videos showed him to be tall and thin. He lost a few inches. Good hard shot with either hand, good moves either way, for me too much wind up in his overhand shots. He won't get away with it in college because he won't have quite the room he has in hs. I'd still like to see him from x either as a mid or attack. Anyway Trimboli is a much better comparison. Still looks like a promising recruit.
I wonder what the last few seasons would've looked like for SU if Wisnauskas had stayed. Would he be starting at attack with Rehfuss playing midfield?

Question - recruiting seems to be going well: is it enough to offset recent performances and off the field issues?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom