Class of 2022 - New Commit: Michael Leo (NY: St Anthony's) Attack | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 New Commit: Michael Leo (NY: St Anthony's) Attack

Long Island kid

Out of St. Anthonys.

Notes

Leo took his opposing defensemen and goalies to task by scoring early and with a high frequency. He consistently produced on the receiving end of the offensive action.

Above all else, Leo exceeds at filling the cage up. He can strike in a variety of ways whether it is hitching an approach, off a broken play, with time and room, etc. He's been a little inconsistent throughout the summer, but when Leo's on, he's tough to stop from filling up the net.

Highlights are impressive. Looks very quick and has excellent stick skills. There is a pass fake he throws in one clip that is diabolical. Looks like a high end player. Not very big but seems like when he gets a head of steam going he’s tough to stop.

All three of these recruits so far don’t look very big but they all look incredibly tough. If that’s something the coaches are focusing on I’m all for it.

Out of St. Anthonys.

Notes

Leo took his opposing defensemen and goalies to task by scoring early and with a high frequency. He consistently produced on the receiving end of the offensive action.

Above all else, Leo exceeds at filling the cage up. He can strike in a variety of ways whether it is hitching an approach, off a broken play, with time and room, etc. He's been a little inconsistent throughout the summer, but when Leo's on, he's tough to stop from filling up the net.

Love this pickup and hope cuse continues to focus on long island recruiting...maybe he’ll convince spallina to join him here.

FINALLY A ST. ANTHONY’S PRODUCT!!!!!

EF58234C-6EAC-4527-9A1E-7B0394683D80.jpeg

Reminds me of Nate Solomon. Maybe a little undersized but creative, tough, and good lax IQ. I always thought that Solomon would've been a little more appreciated had he not been the No. 1 attackman on a lot of those teams he was apart of. He wouldve made a great second or third attackman. Maybe Leo can be that guy with Hiltz and/or Spallina or Dom Petro. Fingers crossed.

Does anyone know if Leo plays box lacrosse anywhere? I know Mac O'Keefe had some box experience before getting to PSU and he's from long island as well. Leo's game looks like it had some box experience. His calmness around the goal looks like he's spent some time with box defenders draped on him and slivers of goal to shoot on.

This was the best interview yet. He didn't hold back on any questions.

A big influence on Leo's decision to commit to Syracuse was his friend and future teammate, Joey Spallina.

"Me and Joey Spallina are really close, we always wanted to play club lacrosse together. We were like 'let's just go to Syracuse together', and then we obviously had to think long and hard about it."

Along with Spallina, Leo keeps in touch with all the recent commits.

"We just made a group chat with all of the guys that are committed, Carter (Kempney), Luke Rhoa, Jimmy (McCool), so yeah we are excited."

I can already tell this class is going to be a good one because it looks like we have some good leaders in the bunch. They are already taking the bull by the horns and waisting no time in creating that family bond/team chemistry which is imperative to any successful team.

Mods. As a casual reader on the Lax board, I would find it helpful to add the date of the commitment to the heading, so that we can tell whether or not it is truly a new commit.
I'll hang up and take the answer off the air. Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom