Class of 2018 - New Commit: Mikey Berkman (FL), Attack Signed | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 New Commit: Mikey Berkman (FL), Attack Signed

I know some of these kids will probably end up not making it but man Desko and staff have been killing it for 2017 and 2018, absolutely crushing it.

I know some of these kids will probably end up not making it but man Desko and staff have been killing it for 2017 and 2018, absolutely crushing it.
Well, where else would a recruit named 'Mikey' go? :D

That's the 3rd Attack taken for 2018. Gelinas, Aburn and now Berkman.

Since its inception a handful of years ago, Maverik Showtime – set at Western Connecticut State in Danbury (CT) – has acted as the nation’s premier individual showcase for rising lacrosse prospects in the rising sophomore and junior classes . Players work through three games a day in hopes of making the All-Star Game, which can be considered as one of the biggest honors of the summer.

This year’s event has been off the charts, featuring close to 100 Division I commits between the two age groups. Coaches and evaluators spent close to an hour coming up with this list, coming up with painstaking decisions. Without further ado, here are the four rosters:

http://recruitingrundown.com/2015/07/08/2017-and-2018-rosters-for-maverik-showtime-all-star-games/

Mikey Berkman ’18, A, Dr. Phillips (Fla.)
An Orlando native committed to Syracuse, Berkman did a phenomenal job creating scoring opportunities for himself, he tore up one morning session that I watched and was eventually selected to the All-Star Game. His foot speed and two handedness are particularly strong, as he also protects his stick to limit turnovers and also created turnovers of his own while riding. Has some bad habits that need to be touched up (he hung his stick at times) but is a great pickup for the Orange with lots of potential.

http://recruitingrundown.com/2015/07/10/2018-and-2017-standouts-from-maverik-showtime/

For the first time this summer, the Inside Lacrosse Recruiting Invitational will feature a Committed Showcase Game presented by Krossover.

With more than 100 players already committed to play college lacrosse from Session III's nearly 40 teams, IL couldn't pass up the opportunity to host such a high-level contest. Concluding ILRI Session III day one, the game is set for 7 p.m. Monday at Goucher College's turf field. Admission is free to spectators.

The rosters, selected by the Inside Lacrosse staff, feature a team predominantly comprised of players heading to Big East or Big Ten programs (cleverly dubbed "Big Easten Elite") vs. a team predominantly comprised of players heading to ACC or Ivy League programs (called "Ivy Coast Premiere"). Check out the rosters below.

32695.jpg

http://www.insidelacrosse.com/artic...itted-showcase-by-krossover-rosters-set/32695

Syracuse Commit Breaks Florida Record For Assists

West Orange (Winter Garden, Fla.) junior Mikey Berkman posted the best game of 2017, thus far, with a 17-point game against Timber Creek (Orlando, Fla.) on Feb. 15. The Syracuse commit dished out 11 assists and scored six goals in the victory. Based on the information LaxRecords.com has, Berkman’s 11 assists is a state record. The previous high happened in 2016 when Brennen Fountain dished out nine assists against Windermere Prep (Fla.) on March 1. The record for most points in a game in Florida is still held by Harris Stolzenberg when he was at Pine Crest (Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.) in 2012. The Warriors have started 5-0 this season. Berkman entered this season with 233 career points on 130 goals and 103 assists.

Mikey Berkman's junior year highlights. I like him.
I'll watch it later but these shorter guys immhopping they turn into a bitter Sankey rice type player. With that quickness and moving.

All-LaxRecords First Team Comprised of Players from 10 States

Mikey Berkman, Jr., West Orange (Fla.), Attack
Berkman needs 98 points to tie the Florida record for most points in a career. He already took over the state lead for most assists and is the first-known player in state history to record at least 200 career assists. He had the best assist season in state history with 86 this year. His 152 points this season is good for 4th all-time.