Class of 2018 - New Commit: Owen Hill (Hill Acad) Mid | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 New Commit: Owen Hill (Hill Acad) Mid

Big commit, I think Albany was going after him hard. SU seems to be slowly working its way back in with native players.
Ya, his brother is a sophomore at Albany now and his grandfather even went there. Big win.

Big commit, I think Albany was going after him hard. SU seems to be slowly working its way back in with native players.
The Bomberry article in the DO was interesting. I think that transfer was big, and if both of the Bomberry's have big years, it will continue to help cuse bring in future players. Having Staats as an advocate can't hurt either. Need to get Austin.

Was he "flipped?" Unofficially listed as Albany by LaxPower.

Was he "flipped?" Unofficially listed as Albany by LaxPower.

That I am not sure, I remember hearing Albany was going after him hard but I don't recall if he previously committed there or not. With the amount of success Scott Marr has been having up on six nations and even the local Onondaga Res this is an enormous pick up. Key now is him staying committed and being eligible.

That I am not sure, I remember hearing Albany was going after him hard but I don't recall if he previously committed there or not. With the amount of success Scott Marr has been having up on six nations and even the local Onondaga Res this is an enormous pick up. Key now is him staying committed and being eligible.
Ty Xanders had him listed as an 2018 Albany Commit

is anyone as confused as I am with the the Owen Hill commitment?!? Casey Vock put out a tweet last week stating Owen had committed to 'Cuse but it he still appears as a commit to Albany on both Recruiting Rundown (Ty Xanders) and LaxPower database. Now Vock puts out a write-up about standouts from an event and he still is quoting Hill as an Albany commit?? I'm lost, is he coming to Cuse or Albany???

Additionally a poster on LaxPower on one of the Syracuse Threads (Syracuse 2017 or Syracuse Recruits) stated that the Owen Hill who committed to Cuse isn't the same Owen Hill going to Albany, which makes no sense.

I'm so confused on this commitment, can anyone decipher where Hill is committed?

is anyone as confused as I am with the the Owen Hill commitment?!? Casey Vock put out a tweet last week stating Owen had committed to 'Cuse but it he still appears as a commit to Albany on both Recruiting Rundown (Ty Xanders) and LaxPower database. Now Vock puts out a write-up about standouts from an event and he still is quoting Hill as an Albany commit?? I'm lost, is he coming to Cuse or Albany???

Additionally a poster on LaxPower on one of the Syracuse Threads (Syracuse 2017 or Syracuse Recruits) stated that the Owen Hill who committed to Cuse isn't the same Owen Hill going to Albany, which makes no sense.

I'm so confused on this commitment, can anyone decipher where Hill is committed?
It is pretty confusing. My best guess is that he flipped his commitment to Cuse and Vock didn't update his notes from November when he posted them this week. But that still doesn't explain the Mr Burns' claim that it's a different Owen Hill. Hopefully Desko reached out to the correct Hill.

Last edited:
Thanks Whitey, I'm just hoping we did land him as he is a solid replacement for the loss of Chase Scanlan, much easier to swallow if we did get Owen.

Unfortunately I'm not a twitter person but can anyone tweet Vock and ask him if Hill is now a 'Cuse commit or still Albany, would love to get some clarity. Maybe the Bomberry's had something to do with getting Hill to join Cuse.

Thanks Whitey, I'm just hoping we did land him as he is a solid replacement for the loss of Chase Scanlan, much easier to swallow if we did get Owen.

Unfortunately I'm not a twitter person but can anyone tweet Vock and ask him if Hill is now a 'Cuse commit or still Albany, would love to get some clarity. Maybe the Bomberry's had something to do with getting Hill to join Cuse.
Scanlan was a massive loss I was pretty concerned when I saw him decommit

Hill retweets a lot of pro-'Cuse stuff. Seems to be a big fan of the Bomberry's. I think we can believe Vock's tweet that he's verballed.

Hill retweets a lot of pro-'Cuse stuff. Seems to be a big fan of the Bomberry's. I think we can believe Vock's tweet that he's verballed.

He and Matt Magnan would make an outstanding 1-2 punch at the midfield. Really high on Magnan, form what I know he could start right now at SU as a Highschool Jr. He can't sign his NLOI fast enough.

He and Matt Magnan would make an outstanding 1-2 punch at the midfield. Really high on Magnan, form what I know he could start right now at SU as a Highschool Jr. He can't sign his NLOI fast enough.
Earliest verbal in program history. Lots of offensive firepower in the '17 & '18 classes & that's not even counting the potential transfer of Austin Staats in '18. While I'm trying not to get my hopes up, I wouldn't rule out Zach Miller transferring in for his final year next year to reunite with his buddy Bomberry.

Earliest verbal in program history. Lots of offensive firepower in the '17 & '18 classes & that's not even counting the potential transfer of Austin Staats in '18. While I'm trying not to get my hopes up, I wouldn't rule out Zach Miller transferring in for his final year next year to reunite with his buddy Bomberry.

I feel the same about Miller. The issue with him though is two fold. One is he going to turn down the chance to go pro and two does he have the grades to be eligible if he transferred. I think if he does play again at the College level, SU is the place as I don't see him going back to Denver and with both Bomberry's here next year I don't see Albany being an option. He would be an amazing pickup and help break in the new guys including Quinn, Dordevic, Lauder etc.

2018 to me is just an insane class right now. I don't see how it isn't the tops in the country. The offensive talent is unreal, Magnan, Cook, Seebold, Hill. Its pretty crazy how deep it is

2018 to me is just an insane class right now. I don't see how it isn't the tops in the country. The offensive talent is unreal, Magnan, Cook, Seebold, Hill. Its pretty crazy how deep it is

Seebold is 2017. Your thinking of Berkman. The class was actually deeper believe it or not but we lost Gelinas and another kid to decommits

Seebold is a '17. Cook is currently severely underrated as far rankings go, especially after being named the top Attackman at the prestigious Project 9 camp. Losing Scanlan & top 10 ranked Griffin Gelinas on a flip to Michigan hurt but I'd expect this class to be to 5 at least. Baldwinsville's Peter Fiorini is also underrated IMO & Shahe Katchadurian may be the best goalie we've brought in since Galloway...6'4'' 250 as a Soph, think former ND goalie Scott Rodgers. Also curious if we can flip Xanders' top 100 D Tanner Hay out of Victor with his younger brother Camden verballed for 2020. But enough recruiting talk on this thread, the Oscars are on ;)

Seebold is a '17. Cook is currently severely underrated as far rankings go, especially after being named the top Attackman at the prestigious Project 9 camp. Losing Scanlan & top 10 ranked Griffin Gelinas on a flip to Michigan hurt but I'd expect this class to be to 5 at least. Baldwinsville's Peter Fiorini is also underrated IMO & Shahe Katchadurian may be the best goalie we've brought in since Galloway...6'4'' 250 as a Soph, think former ND goalie Scott Rodgers. Also curious if we can flip Xanders' top 100 D Tanner Hay out of Victor with his younger brother Camden verballed for 2020. But enough recruiting talk on this thread, the Oscars are on ;)

I think Fiorinin and Cook are both way underrated, expect Cook to be a UA, kid is a stud. As far as the guys we lost tough players to see decommit as we had been on both for a while. Gelinas especially when you consider your talking about a top 20 kid. Could be a scholarship situation where Michigan offered a full ride or close to it but still hate to see him go. Scanlan is a little more understandable when you look at the midfield recruits coming in the next three classes.

I think Fiorinin and Cook are both way underrated, expect Cook to be a UA, kid is a stud. As far as the guys we lost tough players to see decommit as we had been on both for a while. Gelinas especially when you consider your talking about a top 20 kid. Could be a scholarship situation where Michigan offered a full ride or close to it but still hate to see him go. Scanlan is a little more understandable when you look at the midfield recruits coming in the next three classes.
True. Michigan's '18 class is loaded. I'm not quite ready to close the book on Scanlan. Loyola is a different environment for a Native & he'd be eligible for the H-Promise Scholly here. He's also surrounded by 'Cuse commits at IMG. We'll see what happens.

Gotta admit, I LOVE having this place & you people to talk Lax with. I check here & the LP forums daily (really strong contributions over there as well Jeremy & Woody) to make up for not having friends that into Lax.

More of this please! We desperately need a crease attack men back like when we had Keogh. I don't necessarily think this is the kid because it says he plays middie, but he sure looks like one on that goal.

I think there is still some confusion as to wether or not Hill is actually a Syracuse commit and not being confused with another player. Apparently Vock's tweet is the only thing that has him as a Cuse commit while others still show him committed to Albany.

I think there is still some confusion as to wether or not Hill is actually a Syracuse commit and not being confused with another player. Apparently Vock's tweet is the only thing that has him as a Cuse commit while others still show him committed to Albany.
I asked Vock to clarify on twitter but he never responded.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom