Class of 2020 - New Commit: Owen Hiltz (IN: Culver) Attack / Flip from Denver | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 New Commit: Owen Hiltz (IN: Culver) Attack / Flip from Denver

From August, 2018

Owen Hiltz | A/M | Culver (Ind.) | Peterborough Jr. A
Hiltz exploded for 50 goals and 62 assists in his first year prepping at Culver, piecing together big games against many of the nation’s top high school teams. Able to create offense from all points on the field, the dangerous lefty possesses a lot of the same qualities as fellow Ontario natives Jeff Teat and Ethan Walker. A school like Denver may be considered the favorite, but whoever snags him will get a kid who will come in and contribute from Day 1.

The electrifying left-handed playmaker from Peterborough (Ont.) was recruited hard by new 'Cuse offensive coordinator Pat March, who was hired away from Princeton just after Labor Day. March coached several fellow Culver Canadians in Zach Currier, Riley Thompson, Luc Anderson and Jake Stevens during his tenure with the Tigers.

OH CANADA !

Our next Keogh?

The electrifying left-handed playmaker from Peterborough (Ont.) was recruited hard by new 'Cuse offensive coordinator Pat March, who was hired away from Princeton just after Labor Day. March coached several fellow Culver Canadians in Zach Currier, Riley Thompson, Luc Anderson and Jake Stevens during his tenure with the Tigers.

OH CANADA !

Our next Keogh?
Sounds like even better. Being compared to Jeff Teat or Ethan Walker.

Sounds like even better. Being compared to Jeff Teat or Ethan Walker.

Huge, huge, huge get obviously and sounds like he will fit some big time needs for next year. With Rhefuss graduating next year, you need to replace his left-handedness and his assists, sounds like Hiltz could do both those things. 62 assists as a sophomore is really impressive. Massive job by March and the rest of the staff.

Oh snap! It didn’t make sense for him to go to DU with Sillstrop there filling the lefty role. SU finally get their lefty in this loaded class of lefties.

1570655145521.png

Wonder if March was recruiting him to Princeton prior to him coming to Cuse. The Culver-Princeton pipeline is very strong

You have to think he definitely was and the fact that they had him on campus in Mid-September and that didn't get out is pretty amazing. Also seems we kept him from going to UNC another win in and of itself. That's two 5 star players we were able to keep out of fellow conference members (Scanlan from UVA).

Hard to put into words how big this is for SU, especially with 2021's flying off the board and us being off to a slow start in that class. To say this is enormous is an understatement. Totally re-shapes the attack unit from the day he steps on campus. Can you imagine a starting 6 of Hiltz Scanlan, Cook with Dordevic, Curry and Buttermore at midfield, good lord.

Makes you wonder what the effect of this announcement will be on 2021 recruits we are involved with...and maybe even a 2020 or 2. Getting Scanlan and now Hiltz is a pretty big statement.

I think it could have a big effect on 2021 but for 2020 thats pretty much over barring flipping someone else which at this point seems unlikely. Hiltz gives SU two top 100 attack players and they have a couple of middies I know there high on. Only potential I could see for another 2020 addition is if a big time middie wanted to flip. Signing day is only weeks away though so I think its unlikely.

I think it could have a big effect on 2021 but for 2020 thats pretty much over barring flipping someone else which at this point seems unlikely. Hiltz gives SU two top 100 attack players and they have a couple of middies I know there high on. Only potential I could see for another 2020 addition is if a big time middie wanted to flip. Signing day is only weeks away though so I think its unlikely.

Fair...but remember there was a pretty big flip of a middie from SU to Princeton.

Fair...but remember there was a pretty big flip of a middie from SU to Princeton.

Yes thats true but he flipped about this time last year a whole year before signing day. I am not saying its impossible but you don't normally see a ton of real late decommits from Power schools though SU did have one with the kid from Canada who went to Michigan about this time last year.

Denver loses two 5* 2020 kids in like a week. We thought SU had problems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom