Class of 2024 - New Commit: Payton “Bear” Anderson (NY / CT: Brunswick), Midfield | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 New Commit: Payton “Bear” Anderson (NY / CT: Brunswick), Midfield

Could be a harbinger of things to come, have heard SU is really in the mix for Colsey and UVA is pretty much out. Not saying its a lock by any stretch but SU's in a better spot then I thought a month ago.

Great get by the staff, was not aware we were on Anderson. He didn't have a list on IL either so even NYClax is probably shocked at this one, lmao.
no i was talking about kids who had a list. obviously without a list there's nothing to go on

Man these highlight videos are sick. He’s a large guy but still has the silky hands/finesse. Looks very comfortable carrying the ball for a guy that big at that age. A dodger who is no slouch at all in the stick skills department. What more could you ask for?
That he maul defenders on the field.

but it makes absolutely no sense

It's a reference to the fact that you and others felt SU was not involved with many 5 stars and have been referencing the listed teams on IL a lot. It's all good man.

Last edited:
Likely going to need to keep recruiting him until he actually signs his NIL next October, expect the usual suspects to try and flip him.
Would be amazing if we could get some consistent inroads with Brunswick. First Borges and now this guy. Their team always looks insanely good. Probably a good sign that he committed to us even after the season last year. He knows the future is bright with the guys we have coming in.

Would be amazing if we could get some consistent inroads with Brunswick. First Borges and now this guy. Their team always looks insanely good. Probably a good sign that he committed to us even after the season last year. He knows the future is bright with the guys we have coming in.

Agreed on Brunswick, tough school to get in on though, tons of competition from the IVY's to Maryland, UVA, Duke etc. SU has done a nice job getting itself either back into or easing into some of the bigger program or prep schools and also back on the Island where we have had an up and down history. Getting our feet into Culver, jumpinig back into the MIAA etc. With Sec 3 continuing to be an overall dry spell SU will need to hammer Long Island, NJ, Conn, Canada and pick our battles with the prep and other elite tier schools. Lots of competition and its easy to get washed out if your not careful.

Can't quite remember the last time Syracuse recruited a player with this combination of size AND athleticism. Dordevic was obviously very athletic but Anderson seems much bigger. He just screams "ACC Athlete" which is something this team has lacked for a long while. Like Lexus pointed out he doesn't just overwhelm with his size/strength, he's also very nimble around the goal mouth and has a nice finesse to his game. Can also sling it from outside of course too.

Could be a harbinger of things to come, have heard SU is really in the mix for Colsey and UVA is pretty much out. Not saying its a lock by any stretch but SU's in a better spot then I thought a month ago.

This of course would be amazing. I had resigned myself that SU was probably not going to land a five star this recruiting cycle with all the talk of "lists", so it's nice to get on the board with one this early. Since Anderson is a lefty (like Colsey), I wonder how that could impact things? I'm sure coaches can figure out how to get multiple lefties on the field, but it did cross my mind. Fingers crossed.