Class of 2022 - New Commit: Riley Figueiras (DC: St Johns) Defense | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 New Commit: Riley Figueiras (DC: St Johns) Defense

Good pick up, seems SU is really going all in on next years class which at this point is a good strategy. Won't help us out a ton next spring but the 2022 class is just loaded with talent on both sides.

Syracuse now brings in three four star and one five star recruits at close defense for the ‘22 class. Really impressive. Curious to see who gets playing time at close this year. If DiPietro and Murphy are both gone, that leaves Kennedy as the only guy (I see at least) with no eligibility after next year.

Syracuse now brings in three four star and one five star recruits at close defense for the ‘22 class. Really impressive. Curious to see who gets playing time at close this year. If DiPietro and Murphy are both gone, that leaves Kennedy as the only guy (I see at least) with no eligibility after next year.

I believe Murphy is back but don't quote me on it. Yale transfer is likely to play as well.

With so many MD/DC guys in this class it looks like we are officially adding it to our list of commonly recruited areas. 0 to 100 real quick! Petro clearly hasn't lost his touch with snagging kids so he probably helps solidify our position down there. March was already getting the ball rolling. The IL rankings are skewed towards this particular hotbed, but on some level that is justified. The level of competition/depth is as good as it gets for high school. Below is a nice quality full game with commentary and everything. That alone is a fun positive as we don't usually get that with guys from Oregon and Texas!

Huge! Don't underestimate having kids that have played together for a long time as key to building a rock solid locker room. Great pick up.

That's great! Was comparing him to Nick Mellen the former syracuse defender. Mellen and Figueras are similar sizes.

In his IL profile, it lists Figuerias as 6'0 170. As a senior Mellen was listed as 5'9 and 187 (I think his height was exaggerated). Figueiras could put on some weight but he is taller than Mellen. Looks like he has similar footwork as the Syracuse great.

In his IL profile, it lists Figuerias as 6'0 170. As a senior Mellen was listed as 5'9 and 187 (I think his height was exaggerated). Figueiras could put on some weight but he is taller than Mellen. Looks like he has similar footwork as the Syracuse great.
Seen Figueiras play a lot. Great comparison. Footwork is very good. Not too many attackman that try to dodge him anymore. If they do he normally will take the ball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom