Class of 2024 - Ryan Pels (DC: Gonzaga) SSDM / Flipped to Brown | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 Ryan Pels (DC: Gonzaga) SSDM / Flipped to Brown

This seems like a recent trend that corresponds with the increased specialization in the game, but it's interesting to see the trend of bringing in SSDM recruits specifically. Trujillo and now Pels. Don't recall any prior high school commits with that specialization and oftentimes it's 2-way high school middies or sometimes even offensive minded middies that end up getting converted over. Given our challenges in this department the last few years and criticality of the position, always like to see them bringing these guys in.

This seems like a recent trend that corresponds with the increased specialization in the game, but it's interesting to see the trend of bringing in SSDM recruits specifically. Trujillo and now Pels. Don't recall any prior high school commits with that specialization and oftentimes it's 2-way high school middies or sometimes even offensive minded middies that end up getting converted over. Given our challenges in this department the last few years and criticality of the position, always like to see them bringing these guys in.
They brought in a kid from Ohio a couple years ago to be a SSDM. He didn’t pan out, but it happens.

My kid plays in Fairfield County and the position has become more of a focus in HS around here.

This is what you are getting

Attachments

• IMG_7368.jpeg
    IMG_7368.jpeg
    381.5 KB · Views: 163
Ryan Pels is now 6-2 - 190 pounds - will play outside linebacker in the fall at his high school gonzaga in dc -
Exactly what we all said this team needs. A big SSDM to match up with the bigger mids these days. Gotta have one.

He won’t be at cuse for two years correct? He has one more year before cuse?

He won’t be at cuse for two years correct? He has one more year before cuse?

Correct. In the same class as Peyton Anderson. I got confused when I made my initial post about grad year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom