Class of 2023 - Stephen Finnell (NY: Garden City) Mid / Flipped to Duke | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 Stephen Finnell (NY: Garden City) Mid / Flipped to Duke

Obviously a 2 way guy, plenty of highlights of him playing ssdm. From an O middie standpoint, reminds me a lot of Mariano, comfortable with the ball, good dodging ability but not elite speed or size. I'm assuming he's an O mod recruit but I could be wrong.

Ohhhhhhh yeahhhhhhhhh.
dance round man, dance.

Obviously a 2 way guy, plenty of highlights of him playing ssdm. From an O middie standpoint, reminds me a lot of Mariano, comfortable with the ball, good dodging ability but not elite speed or size. I'm assuming he's an O mod recruit but I could be wrong.

He's listed as 6'1 in the video, I think video's can be misleading about size. That size to me seems good enough. Looks like he has a big shot and has some nice dodging ability, though you are right, not blinding speed. I think the video is from 2020 so he has probably improved since then.

IL has him listed as a four star recruit. That gives Syracuse eight four stars for this cycle, and Tyler McCartney, not given any stars by IL, was a Top 100 recruit by NFT.

He's listed as 6'1 in the video, I think video's can be misleading about size. That size to me seems good enough. Looks like he has a big shot and has some nice dodging ability, though you are right, not blinding speed. I think the video is from 2020 so he has probably improved since then.

IL has him listed as a four star recruit. That gives Syracuse eight four stars for this cycle, and Tyler McCartney, not given any stars by IL, was a Top 100 recruit by NFT.
6'1 in a video from what should be when he is 14/in 9th grade since it is from 2020. He could easily have grown since then/have some growing left to do.

That's rare; a Garden City (a longtime powerhouse) recruit committing to Cuse. Can't think of many.

Petro effect, SU has historically struggled at schools like Garden City and at time on the Island itself.

Maybe but I'm not sure Petro has a whole lot to do with it. Hopkins never had any kids from Garden City when he was there. I think it's more so the Spallina effect. Kids want to play with him, especially kids on the Island. They all know each other. One or two join up and suddenly the floodgates open.

Finnell looks like he's ready for ACC play today. I would say he's more likely to play SSDM at the next level.

Maybe but I'm not sure Petro has a whole lot to do with it. Hopkins never had any kids from Garden City when he was there. I think it's more so the Spallina effect. Kids want to play with him, especially kids on the Island. They all know each other. One or two join up and suddenly the floodgates open.

Finnell looks like he's ready for ACC play today. I would say he's more likely to play SSDM at the next level.
Petro had Peter LaSeur, but that was early on in his tenure. Plus Peter had an older brother go to Hopkins before him.

Petro had Peter LaSeur, but that was early on in his tenure. Plus Peter had an older brother go to Hopkins before him.

Around the time LaSeur was there they had a pretty good defensemen from GC, Tom Garvey I think?

It might be a bit of both. I would think the Spallina’s are responsible for the Team 91 kids but they are getting kids from other club programs now. Petro may not have gotten a lot of GC kids but he recruited the Island pretty well, and is from there. Have to think his presence only helps.

This kid just shook the hell out of the defender .. didn’t score but started a tic tak toe.. looks like this kid has nice footwork

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom