Class of 2018 - New Commit: Tyler Lawton (NJ), Mid Signed | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 New Commit: Tyler Lawton (NJ), Mid Signed

Tyler Lawton, who performed well at the Adrenaline Fall Invitational in particular, is almost a throwback type of player who is a tremendous asset in transition and at the face-off X. While somewhat rough around the edges, he is constantly drawing the slide and creating offense with his outside shot or crafty stickwork that allow him to get past checks and in close for the finish.

A lot of schools – Syracuse, Notre Dame and Penn State, for example – are pursuing Lawton hard thanks to his versatility, assertiveness and overall playmaking ability. He attended all three of those prospect days, which probably helped his standing even more, so a commitment in the near future should be expected. Virginia and Lehigh (where Lawton also made a stop for the Mountain Hawks’ prospect weekend) are also in the mix at this early stage.

http://recruitingrundown.com/2015/0...wton-18-m-new-providence-n-j-building-blocks/

Tyler Meth‏@BBLelite
Congratulations to BBL Elite 2018 Midfielder Tyler Lawton on his commitment to Syracuse! @RecruitRundown @3dRising

B9wUcsWCYAI8THM.jpg

How is your HS looking this year?

So it's Bernards High School in Bernardsville and I hear that it should be one of the more talented teams we've had but that we have a very tough schedule. One of the continuing challenges Bernards has is that it's an upscale town and a lot of the parents have money to send kids to private schools in the area (Delbarton, Morristown Beard, Seton Hall Prep, etc.) if they think their kids are going to have a shot at the show. That is becoming a bit less of an issue as the program develops, but it's still there. I'm not knocking parents that take that route - you do what you think is right for your kid, period - but rather hope the program continues to develop to the point where kids stay because of the program rather than leave. Great strides have been made under Coach Brothers in this regard - I can't stress that enough. Joe Gillis is from our town, and he went to Seton Hall Prep.

Bernardsville is beautiful. Get up into the hills and you're talking Stephen Forbes, Jackie Onassis money, horse country and fox hunts. The corridor between 78 and 80 isn't the stereotypical image that most people have of Jersey.

Bernardsville is beautiful. Get up into the hills and you're talking Stephen Forbes, Jackie Onassis money, horse country and fox hunts. The corridor between 78 and 80 isn't the stereotypical image that most people have of Jersey.

One of my friends at SU is from Colorado and right after he met me he would give me the business for being from NJ. So I brought him home for Thanksgiving and that put an end to the ribbing. He still thinks it's a very unique area - unlike anywhere else he's been. Lots of rolling hills and it's fiercely protective in terms of zoning, etc.

From November event...

FLG in 3d Fall Shootout 2016: Notes on Standouts | 3d Rising

Tyler Lawton, Midfield, BBL Elite, 2018

The midfielder was BBL’s go to guy out of the midfield at FLG in 3d. Lawton is a big time player whose first step and change of direction allows him to break down defenses for himself and that get things moving and opening up for his teammates. The Syracuse commit is a crafty player using lever passes, shovels and even behind-the-back passes to find his teammates.

Glad to hear this kid is officially Orange. Think he could be a gem of the '18 class.