Class of 2022 - Zach Friedman (CO) Defense / Flipped to Princeton | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 Zach Friedman (CO) Defense / Flipped to Princeton

ZACH FRIEDMAN

Named to UA Southwest Boys - Highlight Div team

Defense

VERBAL COMMITMENT:
Syracuse

LACROSSE ACCOLADES:
•Maverick Showtime Invitee – 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 •Under Armour All America Southwest Team – 2019, 2020 •National ALL STAR Mid America Region Team - 2020 •Captain of Ralston Valley High School Varsity Lacrosse Team – 2019, 2020, 2021 •Voted to the Ralston Valley Lacrosse Leadership Council – 2019, 2020, 2021 •Ralston Valley Mustang Award Varsity Lacrosse – 2019 •Selected as a Jeffco 5A 2nd Team All-Conference Defensemen – 2019 •All Star Game – Denver Shootout – 2019 •All Start Game – 2020 Division National Lacrosse Classic (as a 2022) – 2019 •All Start Game - FLG in 3d Lacrosse Tournament – 2019 •All Star Game – Maverick Showtime – 2018 •All Star Game - Vail Lacrosse Tournament – 2018 •3d National Team Camp – 2016, 2017, 2018 •Mad Dog National All-Academic Team – 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 •Mad Dog National Team – 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 •Legends National Team – 2018, 2019, 2020 •FCA Lacrosse National Team – 2018, Dukes National Team – 2018, Evolve Can-Am Team – 2018

POTENTIAL COLLEGE MAJOR:
Pre Med

FAVORITE SUBJECT:
Science

OTHER SPORTS PLAYED:
Football – Varsity QB / Safety – Leadership Team, Team Captain 2018, 2019, 2020 – All Conference 2020 Basketball – Team Captain 2018, 2019 – 2nd Team All-Conference 2021 Tennis – Varsity Starter – 2020 Soccer – Varsity Starter – 2021 5 Sport Varsity Starter during the 2020-2021 School year (Tennis, Football, Basketball, Soccer & Lacrosse)

1626006478279.png

How the hell did he play five varsity sports in one school year?
I don’t know, but if he played soccer then he may have been a kicker on the football team. Our football team’s coach works with me on recruiting a kicker to “borrow” from our team. Might miss 30 minutes of our practice once or twice a week.

I don’t know, but if he played soccer then he may have been a kicker on the football team. Our football team’s coach works with me on recruiting a kicker to “borrow” from our team. Might miss 30 minutes of our practice once or twice a week.
Says he played QB/Safety... That is wild if he really played 5 varsity sports. Wants to to premed too. What a deadbeat ;)

Not shocking as he is the valedictorian of his class on top of playing 5 varsity sports. Was really excited about this kid and thought his ceiling was going to be really high. This loss blows, and I hope we snag someone else of his caliber either through the portal or through poaching to replace him.

Not shocking as he is the valedictorian of his class on top of playing 5 varsity sports. Was really excited about this kid and thought his ceiling was going to be really high. This loss blows, and I hope we snag someone else of his caliber either through the portal or through poaching to replace him.

Ya unfortunately this is gonna happen every few years. Hard to blame kids getting what will likely be close to a free ride (through aid) at a top ivy league school. I will day the last few guys we lost to late ivy league switches have not performed well on the field.

Ya unfortunately this is gonna happen every few years. Hard to blame kids getting what will likely be close to a free ride (through aid) at a top ivy league school. I will day the last few guys we lost to late ivy league switches have not performed well on the field.
Gaudet was pretty good for Yale... Graham Blake and Marquez White haven't really had a chance to do anything in college because of covid. Who am I forgetting?

Gaudet was pretty good for Yale... Graham Blake and Marquez White haven't really had a chance to do anything in college because of covid. Who am I forgetting?

I was thinking of Blake and White (forgot about Gaudet, that one stings), I was also thinking about a couple guys whose names I couldn't recall that OrangExtreme might remember. I could of swore there was a middie and maybe a Defensemen who also went the IVY route the last 5-10 years.

I was thinking of Blake and White (forgot about Gaudet, that one stings), I was also thinking about a couple guys whose names I couldn't recall that OrangExtreme might remember. I could of swore there was a middie and maybe a Defensemen who also went the IVY route the last 5-10 years.
In our ‘17 class, Defenseman George Baughan flipped to Princeton & was an IL First Team AA following his shortened Junior season in ‘20.

Casey Mulligan flipped to Penn last year, but haven't seen him play either.

That is a bummer but they grabbed Jordan Beck from Calvert Hall in the same class and both are listed as three star recruits in the IL database. The '22 class is pretty stacked with defensemen. I kind of thought the Ivy League late flip thing was over since they changed the recruiting calendar, but guess not.

In our ‘17 class, Defenseman George Baughan flipped to Princeton & was an IL First Team AA following his shortened Junior season in ‘20.

Thanks forgot about him as well, seems like he's really come on. I am going to have to go back and see if he was who I was thinking of or someone else. First team AA is very impressive.

Casey Mulligan flipped to Penn last year, but haven't seen him play either.

That is a bummer but they grabbed Jordan Beck from Calvert Hall in the same class and both are listed as three star recruits in the IL database. The '22 class is pretty stacked with defensemen. I kind of thought the Ivy League late flip thing was over since they changed the recruiting calendar, but guess not.

Mulligan was a nice looking player, interested to see how his career plays out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom