New Default Style. Please read. | Syracusefan.com

New Default Style. Please read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

temery

What?
The mobile style will become the default style around 6 am this morning. The AO style will still be available for those who don't like the change.

The AO style has more features (helmets on the fb board, dropdown menus, etc), but doesn't work as well on tablets and mobile devices.

The mobile style has fewer features, but it adjusts to your display size, and works much better on tablets and mobile devices.

Bottom line, if you still have the default setting, you will be switched to the mobile style automatically.

Feel free to switch back the "AO" if you'd like. The easiest way to do so is to scroll to the bottom of the page. Click the link at the bottom left that says, "mobile," then select "AO."

No promises it'll stay, but I've added more real estate when viewing message. It means eliminating a couple ads, and moving a couple. But I think it looks a lot cleaner.

I used to have problems with messages posting and liking posts the old way, (I thought it had something to do with firewalls at work or maybe my chrome browser) but it seems to be working great now!

I used to have problems with messages posting and liking posts the old way, (I thought it had something to do with firewalls at work or maybe my chrome browser) but it seems to be working great now!

That's likely coincidence. But there are fewer ads in the mobile style than the AO style. That may speed things up a bit, but I doubt it.

yup...I just had it happen again...400 error...something about lightspeed web server or something like that...just like I always used to get. So I guess it was just a coincidence this morning.

yup...I just had it happen again...400 error...something about lightspeed web server or something like that...just like I always used to get. So I guess it was just a coincidence this morning.

If you can, take screen shot next time. I'll check the error log and see if it's fixable.

I haven't been able to post a new thread in my phone in months say choose prefix or something

Definitely appreciate this layout. Thanks. The only issue I see right now is that I am not finding the "go to first unread" option.

Much better, though

If you can, take screen shot next time. I'll check the error log and see if it's fixable.

Here you go.

Attachments

• 400error.jpg
    400error.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 40
Thanks! I've been using the Forum Runner app for a long time because the mobile web was a pretty terrible design. Much happier to use web now.

Status
Not open for further replies.