New Director of HS Relations: Ryan Bartow | Syracusefan.com

New Director of HS Relations: Ryan Bartow

This is another uncharacteristic type hire for Syracuse. I would wager almost any program in the country would like to have him on their staff. Syracuse continues to show a stronger commitment to football than I have ever seen.

exactly - these are the things that every elite program has in some regard and SU has always been lacking. Loving the aggressive hires. It all helps

exactly - these are the things that every elite program has in some regard and SU has always been lacking. Loving the aggressive hires. It all helps
If that is the case then why didn't Oregon keep him?

It was actually Cristobal. Ryan is very plugged in to the recruiting scene nationwide, but it appears he is especially plugged into recruiting in South Florida.
Yes. Hired in 2018. After Taggart left Oregon.

So, would he be the point man for recruiting? With a title like that would he mostly organize things on campus?

I feel like the title director of high school relations could be improved
25EF1D06-BDE7-45C6-8CAD-D7DAA523EA7E.gif

Like others have said ADJW is giving Dino the resources necessary to elevate the football program, and Dino needs to make the most of it. I'm confident he will though, and we'll see the program become stronger in the next few years

So, would he be the point man for recruiting? With a title like that would he mostly organize things on campus?
"The Director of High School Relations is responsible for managing the recruiting interactions between Syracuse University and prospective student athletes and the staffs at the high schools these student athletes attend. This position provides oversight and direction to football staff who recruit students for the football team, evaluates prospective student-athletes and determine their status (and position) on the team recruiting board."

Does this position get any contact with recruits via social media or otherwise? I'm sure coaches are the only ones allowed on the road and the only ones allowed to sit down face to face with recruits, but is any tangential communication allowed here?

Does this position get any contact with recruits via social media or otherwise? I'm sure coaches are the only ones allowed on the road and the only ones allowed to sit down face to face with recruits, but is any tangential communication allowed here?
Of course. Recruiting is always in contact with recruits through social media...and face to face on campus.

This is another uncharacteristic type hire for Syracuse. I would wager almost any program in the country would like to have him on their staff. Syracuse continues to show a stronger commitment to football than I have ever seen.
This is the commitment that we have all been waiting / hoping for. Glad to see it all happening finally.