New here from Syracuse, now in Tampa. Anyone around for the Duke game? | Syracusefan.com

New here from Syracuse, now in Tampa. Anyone around for the Duke game?

R1Yerdo

Walk On
Hey all,

I did some searching and browsing so I didn't have to make a post but didn't come up with any results.

New to the forums and relocated from Syracuse to Tampa, Florida for work a month and a half ago. Basically wondering if any other fans on here are in this general area(Orlando, Zephyrhills, lakeland, dade city, Tampa etc) and what your plans are for Saturday(and future games!)? I haven't met many people into Syracuse down here yet and everyone I know who are fans are back at home.

Quick summary about me -
Name is Andrew, age: 24, BS in Finance and going for my MBA, recently took a job as a broker in Tampa so I relocated from Syracuse. Enjoy basketball, golf and running. I would be flying up to NY for this game but I'm working during the day Saturday last minute before I head to New Jersey for the week.

Hoping to find some others down here to get together for the games! Any other questions, feel free to message or post!

Thanks!
Andrew

Hey all,

I did some searching and browsing so I didn't have to make a post but didn't come up with any results.

New to the forums and relocated from Syracuse to Tampa, Florida for work a month and a half ago. Basically wondering if any other fans on here are in this general area(Orlando, Zephyrhills, lakeland, dade city, Tampa etc) and what your plans are for Saturday(and future games!)? I haven't met many people into Syracuse down here yet and everyone I know who are fans are back at home.

Quick summary about me -
Name is Andrew, age: 24, BS in Finance and going for my MBA, recently took a job as a broker in Tampa so I relocated from Syracuse. Enjoy basketball, golf and running. I would be flying up to NY for this game but I'm working during the day Saturday last minute before I head to New Jersey for the week.

Hoping to find some others down here to get together for the games! Any other questions, feel free to message or post!

Thanks!
Andrew

Igor lives in Florida for the winter months, but I think he's over near West Palm. There are SU fans down there, that's for sure.

BS in finance
Broker
Going for MBA
Enjoys golfing
Heading to NJ...

You sure you're not a Duke alum?

hahaha. I'm just kidding. Welcome aboard!

K
Igor lives in Florida for the winter months, but I think he's over near West Palm. There are SU fans down there, that's for sure.
haha! West palm is about a 4 hour drive or so and my girlfriend would disown me for making her drive that far for a game.

Appreciate all the responses and hope I can find some people before Saturday!

@that Duke comment. -.- That's last on my list for business schools to apply too.

Thanks all for the welcoming! Hope to meet some of you when I fly up for games!

K

haha! West palm is about a 4 hour drive or so and my girlfriend would disown me for making her drive that far for a game.

Appreciate all the responses and hope I can find some people before Saturday!

@that Duke comment. -.- That's last on my list for business schools to apply too.

Thanks all for the welcoming! Hope to meet some of you when I fly up for games!
Actually Duke's business school is nice.
It's the basketball team that we can live without.

I am in Land O Lakes (LoL), about 20 miles north of Tampa. I am staying at home and watching the game on the 80" Sharp Aquos. If you don't find anyone and have no place to go, send me an IM and I can give you info on where I live and you are welcome to come by and watch the game with us. We are a little older than you (47) but you are still welcome to come up. Living in LoL is now short term though. We just bought a house in Syracuse and should be closing within 6-8 weeks and will be moving back up to Syracuse as soon as I can secure a job. Give me a holler and you can come on up.

Hulk Hogan lives in Clearwater, maybe you can get Mike Rotunda's number from him and see if he's in the area to watch the game with you?

Yeah, I'm not much help at all, now that I think about it.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcoming. I got a few of my girlfriends friends To come out with us and I got us a cabana at Hogans Beach in Tampa on the beach with the game on. If anyone reads this and wants to join us, send me a message or an email from now til tomorrow. Theyerdo@me.com

Hope to meet you all soon when I fly up for a few games!​