New Kansas City Airport terminal | Syracusefan.com

New Kansas City Airport terminal

MCI has been the oddest airport for a big city I know of.
It really was. I guess you would probably know based on your travels to St Joseph. It could get a bit frustrating with limited food and bathroom options once you went through security at your gate. I think this will be a massive improvement.

It really was. I guess you would probably know based on your travels to St Joseph. It could get a bit frustrating with limited food and bathroom options once you went through security at your gate. I think this will be a massive improvement.
Been through there a number of times going to Kansas and other parts of Missouri as well. For other work.

The new Jet Blue terminal in Orlando is massive, and very far from the main terminal. Its a PITA. I go to Orlando 5-6 times a year. Jet Blue may be off my list to fly

So it’s built with modern security procedures in mind? It was very weird when I flew through there in August.

So it’s built with modern security procedures in mind? It was very weird when I flew through there in August.
Yes, if you mean there will be one main security checkpoint to get through as opposed to the current individual gate security checks

Last edited:
I hope you like it.

The new Salt Lake City airport is pretty much universally hated by the people of Utah.

I'm familiar with the "old" KC airport. It was very easy to get in and out of because it was so compact, but once airline security became a big thing, the size really held it back because the entrances to the airport were very close to the gates, like 50 feet away. So for the last 20-ish years, once you passed through TSA, you couldn't get back out to walk around or get a drink or bite to eat without having to go back through TSA after. Your other option was to just sit and wait by the gate the whole time, so if your flight ever got delayed or if you were with fussy kids, it was an absolutely miserable experience even by the standards of air travel. Eventually they put in a couple grab-and-go type kiosks and Starbucks but it was very lacking.

Thankfully, I've had pretty good luck there but the new terminal looks like a major upgrade.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom