New Lacrosse Facilities | Syracusefan.com

New Lacrosse Facilities

South Campus getting new lacrosse building? Any inside details?

I haven't heard anything but it's certainly possible. The lax team uses the Ensley Center a lot so perhaps they want to have their own to avoid sharing with the fball team in the spring etc.

A LAX party dorm?

They already have a new players lounge at Manley. They have new outdoor practice fields and the Ensley Center in bad weather.

Hearing Gait is working on getting funds to build a new lacrosse indoor facility for the men and woman's team with coaches offices. Approved by school just need the funds. Was hoping someone had some building plans. :)
If I remember correctly, he was unhappy with the women's lacrosse locker room. Asked for money to upgrade it. Got a no. Raised funds for it himself and get it built, largely without help from SUAD.

I expect him to be aggressive pursuing the things he needs to make the SU men's lacrosse team successfully. Given his old position, he will probably work to get their needs taken care of as well.

Hearing Gait is working on getting funds to build a new lacrosse indoor facility for the men and woman's team with coaches offices. Approved by school just need the funds. Was hoping someone had some building plans. :)

This would be a welcome development - I know the Einsley Center is nice, but I am sure having a lacrosse only facility would be an even bigger upgrade. Room for a few thousand fans would certainly be nice as well, so they could avoid having to play at a high school in the future (though it seemed like people who went to that game had a great time). Seems like these types of facilities are en vogue these days, with Yale being the latest example (Hopkins also has the Cordish Center).

Seems like Gait is really pushing Syracuse towards a new direction, with talk of his CNY lax festival, playing style being more fast paced, and if this new facility is built. I think all of this is really exciting.

I'd like to see the University beef up the soccer stadium. Make it a soccer/lacrosse stadium that seats around 4-6k in line with what UNC, Duke, and UVA have. Between the two programs, there is enough success, and should be enough alumni interest, for a project of that type. While Gait may disagree, there is limited value in adding a third indoor space (just put up a bubble if it's that necessary). Locker rooms/team space may be different.

I'd like to see the University beef up the soccer stadium. Make it a soccer/lacrosse stadium that seats around 4-6k in line with what UNC, Duke, and UVA have. Between the two programs, there is enough success, and should be enough alumni interest, for a project of that type. While Gait may disagree, there is limited value in adding a third indoor space (just put up a bubble if it's that necessary). Locker rooms/team space may be different.

You're not getting 6,000 fans for LAX games in February at an outdoor stadium in Syracuse.

Not unless 3,000 bring their own snow shovels.

You're not getting 6,000 fans for LAX games in February at an outdoor stadium in Syracuse.

Not unless 3,000 bring their own snow shovels.

Are they imploding the Dome? The "soccer" facility would potentially be for a late spring game here or there and for practicing outdoors, on grass, to prep for certain away games that are played outdoors on grass (I don't know what they do right now for those games).

Are they imploding the Dome? The "soccer" facility would potentially be for a late spring game here or there and for practicing outdoors, on grass, to prep for certain away games that are played outdoors on grass (I don't know what they do right now for those games).

They already have a grass practice field at the Manley complex.

The only time the soccer stadium has ever been used for LAX is on Commencement Weekend when the Dome isn't available on Saturday and the WLAX team hosts 1st round tournament games. They usually draw maybe 500 people.

Beautiful spring games would be so nice at an outdoor venue. But I have a hard time watching UAlbany games in 32 degree weather.

If I remember correctly the Duke game in 2019 (which was at CNS High School due to Monster Jam) was a complete sellout, outside, in the middle of March. Pretty sure I didn't see an empty seat, people were hanging on the fences outside of the track.

I would love it if the dome had a retractable roof, you would get the comfort of a roof over your head in a snow storm but also the open skies on a nice upstate New York spring day. But that would cost a ton of money, and isn't happening anytime soon seeing as they just updated the roof.

I like the idea of a field house that could serve a lot of different purposes (offices, weight room, practice fields, player lounge). I think Notre Dame has an indoor facility that can hold fans, and is used in case of weather. I just don't know how practical it is to have seating in a "stadium" that the team wouldn't use all the time. And if they did, Syracuse lacrosse averages around 4k fans I think. That seems a little large for a field house but someone who is better at this stuff can correct me. And I still think the Dome is a real draw for players as it offers a really unique environment for the players, and fans.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom