New Lampkin / Moore Podcast: Da Bigggest Chopp Up | Syracusefan.com

New Lampkin / Moore Podcast: Da Bigggest Chopp Up

So not sure it belongs here or the many other NIL related threads but I had a fun chat with a friend whose future wife happens to work at Duke. The amount of money Duke put up to put this years roster together is absurd. If they don’t win it all it would be a travesty. No way anyone across the college bball landscape is spending as much as they are, especially on freshmen but also on transfers. We would have been nuts to try and pay Maliq what they gave him considering we had to manage a roster vs just writing blank checks.

If Duke fails to do anything besides make the FF this year and dominate the regular season it’s worth watching what happens…

So not sure it belongs here or the many other NIL related threads but I had a fun chat with a friend whose future wife happens to work at Duke. The amount of money Duke put up to put this years roster together is absurd. If they don’t win it all it would be a travesty. No way anyone across the college bball landscape is spending as much as they are, especially on freshmen but also on transfers. We would have been nuts to try and pay Maliq what they gave him considering we had to manage a roster vs just writing blank checks.

If Duke fails to do anything besides make the FF this year and dominate the regular season it’s worth watching what happens…

It's been that way every year for 30+ years.

Can you post the numbers?

Have to be honest, that wasn't a very good watch.
Kris & Scoop still set the bar.

We know you can't disclose numbers, but is Duke really spending more than Arkansas and Kansas State?

No idea on Arkansas and KSts numbers but I would doubt there is anyone who spent as much and if they did maybe a couple programs. That said given who Duke is plus this amount of money, they have to win big.

No idea on Arkansas and KSts numbers but I would doubt there is anyone who spent as much and if they did maybe a couple programs. That said given who Duke is plus this amount of money, they have to win big.
Duke is a relatively small private school. Where does their money come from? I get that they’re a prestigious school with rich and famous alumni, but I’m curious if they have a few particularly rich donors that fund everything. Because their alumni base is smaller than SU’s. Must be that tobacco heir money.

It’s just us getting old- If you watch Devo and Kris it’s very similar.

Well, I think these guys could take some lessons in how to host a pod. It took forever just to get going. They had a guy there who was probably some Newhouse student to assist them, but he was ineffective in kind of directing an actual interview to happen.

Well, I think these guys could take some lessons in how to host a pod. It took forever just to get going. They had a guy there who was probably some Newhouse student to assist them, but he was ineffective in kind of directing an actual interview to happen.

He is the NoDestination guy and is very good at what he does. It was their first pod and he’s trying to help them out. Give them a chance to get going.

I mean, since 1986, they have 13 FFs and 5 chips. FFs are basically how they measure if a year is good or not. (BTW, drives me nuts about UConn's titles against FFs)

Scheyer should be under immense pressure to consistently win big, get a one or two seed every year and consider the S16 a starting point.

But keep in mind, as well, there is a lot of evaluation of how many guys get into the lottery/first round. Yes, like Kentucky under Cal, they are getting the highest rated guys, but it matters that they then go right through to the pros and get those second contracts.

Cooper Flagg better go #1 after this year. That's another big metric of success for Scheyer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom