New LB Coach: Chris Achuff | Syracusefan.com

New LB Coach: Chris Achuff

"From 2008 to 2016, Achuff served as the defensive line coach at Baylor University."
Does this mean every interview, Babers is going to be asked what this guy's role was in the crimes at Baylor?

Glad they made a quick hire here. Like seeing another coach with ties to the Northeast.

Looks like he has focused on coaching DL thus far. So has Coach Reynolds. He will have a lot of adjusting to do, moving from Arizona here, coaching LBs for the first time in years, and getting exposed to the 3-3-5. Welcome Coach!

As Babers said in his camp opening presser, good coaches can teach any position. If the outside LBs are going to be in more of a rushing role, this makes a lot of sense on the surface. I like it.

PA roots as well, which I really like for recruiting purposes.

As Babers said in his camp opening presser, good coaches can teach any position. If the outside LBs are going to be in more of a rushing role, this makes a lot of sense on the surface. I like it.

PA roots as well, which I really like for recruiting purposes.
Yeah, and Reynolds has had both the DL and LBs during the first two practices. There seems to be significant overlap, at least at this stage.

I like that we are getting a coach with recent nfl experience. It seems now the main concern with recruits (not all) is getting to the nfl. Even though he is not familiar with the 3-3-5 I read they ran the 3-4 in az so hopefully some similar principles.

Love the nfl background. He can easily help sell to defenders that we know what it takes to get to the league and how to work your way there.

cant Wait to see our defense mid season when the scheme really starts to make sense

Definitely high energy. Great communicator. That's what I love on that side of the ball

Would love to know backstory in how position was filled as you would think our new DC would have loved to have brought in a guy familiar with his system. Maybe he is. If not he will learn, just curious if options were slim there so in that case took the guy Dino knows and has good coaching experience. Either way, glad it's been filled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom