New music to listen to

4evaOrange

Anna Kendricks boyfriend.
So just a random music thread.
I know there are some out here but didn’t want to bump or look for old threads so wanted to create this.

But I’ve been a fan of Rise Against since Appeal to Reason and that was the only album I had til I got the sufferer and witness which not a huge fan of but I also bought endgame which im becoming a bigger and bigger fan of this album with songs such as Architects, help is on the way, satellite, survivors guilt, and more. But ultimately the track Wait For Me has captivated me to beyond. Will post it later.
But I also bout the last two albums not including ghost symphonies, but still making my way through them more and more. Also huge fan of Roadside off sufferer and witness, amazing track also.

Roadside

Anyone else a fan or got songs they like but these dudes?

4evaOrange

And since this is gonna be a random thread also wanna bump some Bubba Sparxxx

Nowhere

SU in Hershey

2nd String
I love Ghost Note Symphonies! People Live Here, Savior, and Hero of War are three of my favorites overall. Great group! I like acoustic covers of harder edged songs, so Ghost Note is a natural to me.

4evaOrange

I love Ghost Note Symphonies! People Live Here, Savior, and Hero of War are three of my favorites overall. Great group! I like acoustic covers of harder edged songs, so Ghost Note is a natural to me.
After hearing wait for me acoustic and others I’ll need to buy it.

4evaOrange

Always loved that song. That album was surprisingly(to me) really good at that time.
If you liked that album you gotta give Pain Management a listen. Some very good songs there. I included Devils fire, wicked world, and Lagrange off the album but also includes bangin and country folks and splinter. Some of the others aren’t as good. But give them a listen.

OrangeDW

Living Legend
Little Brother has been a personal favorite of mine since they came out when I was in college in the early 2000’s. They make such relatable music. Feel like I grew up with them.

Loving their new album. This one they jokingly referred to as the “Washed National Anthem”, lol. So good. Anyone 35 and up can relate to this one IMO.

OrangeDW

Living Legend
If you liked that album you gotta give Pain Management a listen. Some very good songs there. I included Devils fire, wicked world, and Lagrange off the album but also includes bangin and country folks and splinter. Some of the others aren’t as good. But give them a listen.
Will do. Last one I listened to him was his third album(I think - the one with “Ms. New Booty”), and I kinda gave up as to me he was 1 for 3 at that point, and it was the production that blew me away on his second album more than anything else(though his rapping was certainly solid).

CuseCrew08

Starter
When i'm doing yard work, I typically listen to Rise Against or Kings of Leon. Lately I have added NF, I think hes super talented.

4evaOrange

Little Brother has been a personal favorite of mine since they came out when I was in college in the early 2000’s. They make such relatable music. Feel like I grew up with them.

Loving their new album. This one they jokingly referred to as the “Washed National Anthem”, lol. So good. Anyone 35 and up can relate to this one IMO.

Will have to check these guys out. Like the sound and the flow and the clarity of the lyrics. Beat is easy but good.

4evaOrange

Will do. Last one I listened to him was his third album(I think - the one with “Ms. New Booty”), and I kinda gave up as to me he was 1 for 3 at that point, and it was the production that blew me away on his second album more than anything else(though his rapping was certainly solid).
That song was primarily a money maker song, no pun intended.
Never bothered listening to the album neither.
But I do wanna check out his first cd think i could get into it. Anything that involves Timbaland deserves a listen I guess.

4evaOrange

When i'm doing yard work, I typically listen to Rise Against or Kings of Leon. Lately I have added NF, I think hes super talented.
Favorite Rise Against songs?

Been thinking about giving and a listen, any songs you recommend post them here, please.

OrangeDW

Living Legend
Will have to check these guys out. Like the sound and the flow and the clarity of the lyrics. Beat is easy but good.
Their first two albums (The Listening and The Minstrel Show) were outstanding IMO. As were their mixtapes “Chitlin Circuit 1.5” and “Separate But Equal” were really good.

That was all like 2003-2006 era.

They broke up in 2010, but recently got back together and put out an album “May the Lord Watch” that really blew me away at how good it was after such a long hiatus. Chemistry was back like the early days, 100%.

They’re both good rappers, but Phonte is one of the best and most underrated of all time to me. He’s got a couple good solo albums, but spent much of the 2010’s singing in the group “Foreign Exchange”. Amazing to me that he can pull off two separate acts really well. He’s like the underground Drake that’s actually good, for grown men, lol. Some Mos Def(especially early on) and Andre 3000 to him too. He’s his own thing, but those would be the best comparisons IMO.

Last edited:

OrangeDW

Living Legend
That song was primarily a money maker song, no pun intended.
Never bothered listening to the album neither.
But I do wanna check out his first cd think i could get into it. Anything that involves Timbaland deserves a listen I guess.
I haven’t heard his first album since whenever it came out (01, I think) so I really don’t remember it. I just wasn’t into it at the time. Maybe now I’d feel different.

I didn’t like everything Timbaland did. Honestly liked his R&B stuff more usually. But man, when he knocked it out of the park - he really knocked it out of the park. Always respected his talent and creativity.

4evaOrange

Their first two albums (The Listening and The Minstrel Show) were outstanding IMO. As were their mixtapes “Chitlin Circuit 1.5” and “Separate But Equal” were really good.

That was all like 2003-2006 era.

They broke up in 2010, but recently got back together and put out an album “May the Lord Watch” that really blew me away at how good it was after such a long hiatus. Chemistry was back like the early days, 100%.

They’re both good rappers, but Phonte is one of the best and most underrated of all time to me. He’s got a couple good solo albums, but spent much of the 2010’s singing in the group “Foreign Exchange”. Amazing to me that he can pull off two separate acts really well. He’s like the underground Drake that’s actually good, for grown men, lol. Some Mos Def(especially early on) and Andre 3000 to him too. He’s his own thing, but those would be the best comparisons IMO.
The thing about rap I want from it is to be able to understand what’s being said.
Along with a good beat and flow and I need content. A lot of the new stuff is a hard pass though I can say that I don’t give A lot of it a chance.

OrangeDW

Living Legend
The thing about rap I want from it is to be able to understand what’s being said.
Along with a good beat and flow and I need content. A lot of the new stuff is a hard pass though I can say that I don’t give A lot of it a chance.
Agreed. To me, Phonte is one of the best ever in terms of content. He was an English Major in college, so he knows how to write. Check out songs like “Expensive Genes” and “Cry No More” off his 2018 solo “No News is Good News”.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom