New noel blog | Syracusefan.com

New noel blog

"I will say that one of the biggest factors in my decision will be who will be there on the team when I get there because my No. 1 goal is to win a national title."
As of right now, without Noel,

Syracuse>UK>Gtown

And uk basically just got a an official visit on steroids with him in new orleans with all the uk fans, meeting davis etc, sigh

Jockin Kentucky prettttty hard. Shabazz and him making the decision at the same time? If Noel does pick them maybe everyone in thier fan base heads will explode and we can be a lock for highest attendance next year?

Looking at the Three Programs

The NEGATIVES

Gtown- Last four years not a great track record of success in the NCAA tourney
Loses top 3 players from this season (Sims, Clark, and Thompson) and Not alot left behind on roster. Otto Porter is a nice player and Markell Starks is a servicable BE point guard put other than that most of roster is not much.
Also the system Nerlens has stated although they do feature the bigman in the thier system and he looks to be a good passing big man which is a trade mark at Gtown. Nerlens has stated he want to play in a up and down system which is not Gtown

Kentucky- There has been talk that either himself or his mother had reservations about going down south
Being compared to Anthony Davis which is going to be brought up all the time already is and has been would be the most difficult playing at UK especially having just won a National Championship will be alot of pressure on him alot less if he was being compared to Davis playing somewhere else and a whole new roster although talented

Syracuse- I honestly could not think of any negatives. Unless the off the court stuff from this year and i do not think it would affect him he is one and done unless his mother has concerns which has been brought up but overall I would not think it is a something to worry about.

I would think the positives that have been discussed would outwiegh the negatives and if that is the case couple with the negatives

Slight edge to Cuse over Kentucky, with Gtown a distant behind

Yea so that was a dead period when noel talked to antigua...what more proof does the ncaa need? A recruit said it himself in a freakin blog

Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt that his New Orleans experience is going to influence Noel that much. Throughout this whole process we've all known that if he's mostly concerned with his pro future, connections, shady dealings, then he's going to UK. If he's more concerned with a family atmosphere, playing with an old buddy and being closer to home, then he's coming to Syracuse. I doubt that what transpired in the last week has made a big difference.

Looking at the Three Programs

The NEGATIVES

Gtown- Last four years not a great track record of success in the NCAA tourney
Loses top 3 players from this season (Sims, Clark, and Thompson) and Not alot left behind on roster. Otto Porter is a nice player and Markell Starks is a servicable BE point guard put other than that most of roster is not much.
Also the system Nerlens has stated although they do feature the bigman in the thier system and he looks to be a good passing big man which is a trade mark at Gtown. Nerlens has stated he want to play in a up and down system which is not Gtown

Kentucky- There has been talk that either himself or his mother had reservations about going down south
Being compared to Anthony Davis which is going to be brought up all the time already is and has been would be the most difficult playing at UK especially having just won a National Championship will be alot of pressure on him alot less if he was being compared to Davis playing somewhere else and a whole new roster although talented

Syracuse- I honestly could not think of any negatives. Unless the off the court stuff from this year and i do not think it would affect him he is one and done unless his mother has concerns which has been brought up but overall I would not think it is a something to worry about.

I would think the positives that have been discussed would outwiegh the negatives and if that is the case couple with the negatives

Slight edge to Cuse over Kentucky, with Gtown a distant behind
agree with this

Are they announcing at the same exact time? If Bazz announces first, this may tell all. I would bet they spoke about where they're leaning.

If Bazz goes first and picks UCLA, we're good for Noel. If Bazz goes first and chooses UK, we may be in trouble:noidea:

Because I can read.

UK just won the National Championship he was in NOLA watching the game of course he is going to talk about that. What you want him to talk about Kentucky was in the National Championship they won. Us and Gtown were not of course he is going to talk heavy about UK

Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt that his New Orleans experience is going to influence Noel that much. Throughout this whole process we've all known that if he's mostly concerned with his pro future, connections, shady dealings, then he's going to UK. If he's more concerned with a family atmosphere, playing with an old buddy and being closer to home, then he's coming to Syracuse. I doubt that what transpired in the last week has made a big difference.

I am kinda with you. What do you expect he would say after just coming back from being at the FF. He knows by now what he would be getting at UK and vice versa at SU. Nothing in NO probably made him think otherwise. I doubt that UK just all of a sudden realized, we better put the full court press on NN. They have been all over him for a long time. More of the same. If he was intrigued by playing there in the past, this experience more than likely just continued to push him in that direction.

UK just won the National Championship he was in NOLA watching the game of course he is going to talk about that. What you want him to talk about Kentucky was in the National Championship they won. Us and Gtown were not of course he is going to talk heavy about UK

agreed.

What's he supposed to say? Pretend he didn't know the FF was in NOLA and pretend he doesn't follow CBB?

Okay, I will just keep my expectations low. Prepare for the worst hope for the best.

He sounds like a pretty level headed kid. Whatever he decides it sounds like he has thought it through and will make the best decision for him. Like I said if he doesnt come here I hope to hell he does go to Kentucky and not that cesspool of a program in DC.

He sounds like a pretty level headed kid. Whatever he decides it sounds like he has thought it through and will make the best decision for him. Like I said if he doesnt come here I hope to hell he does go to Kentucky and not that cesspool of a program in DC.

Agreed. I'd be a LOT more worried if his announcement was set up for the next day or two, fresh off of that experience being around the final four.

Okay, I will just keep my expectations low. Prepare for the worst hope for the best.

I think this is a great approach. I've been pretty pessimistic about our chances despite some highly positive info from certain posters. I've figured all along that he was probably kentucky bound--but I'm hoping for the best.

He'd be a great get. Not the end of the world if we don't land him [fortunately]. That said, I hope our coaches close and land this kid!

Probably smart. The recruiting of him is over. He knows what it will be like at UK vs SU. "Shenanigans," are what are coming to the forefront at this point, if at all. We have given it our best shot. UK is everywhere right now after winning the ship. The timing is tough for us, but ultimately he'll want to be a part of that or not. I for one cannot wait for it all to be over. I am tired of talking and analyzing everything this kid says.

Couple interesting quotes:

"I’d definitely say it makes me think about Kentucky more, and with them winning with all of those freshmen was very attractive. "

Dont like hearing this...

"With Syracuse, they’ve been on me the longest of the three schools on my list. That factors in heavy with me. That’s big for me. "

He says it twice. Can't be a bad thing.

"With Georgetown, I would've been crazy not to really give them a look with all the history they’ve had with big men and the development that I could get there. "

Give them a look? GTown is done.

"...me and Shabazz have never even talked about schools or anything like that. "

Unless this is a lie, it is good for us.

"I will say that one of the biggest factors in my decision will be who will be there on the team when I get there "

MCW anyone? :)

Couple interesting quotes:

Give them a look? GTown is done.

"...me and Shabazz have never even talked about schools or anything like that. "

Ha. Thought the same thing... Next!