New Director of HS Relations: Dennis Thomas | Syracusefan.com

New Director of HS Relations: Dennis Thomas

We're full up on assistant coaches.

Must be another offensive analyst?
Are we full? I dont think this guy would be an assistant but did we replace the offensive assistant spot with Beck moving to OC? I cant remember

Dunno, but likely has good south jersey/philly ties (millvile, nj), so that will be a plus.
Absolutely. The only two areas I care to focus on are Jersey and the DMV.

Aside from those two, the bread and butter, you maintain a presence in Florida, Georgia and the Carolinas.

Think Texas is a waste of resources i’d rather have reallocated to the midwest.

Are we full? I dont think this guy would be an assistant but did we replace the offensive assistant spot with Beck moving to OC? I cant remember

Ten Assistants:

Jason BeckOffensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks
Steve FarmerOffensive Line
Mike LynchRunning Backs
Nunzio CampanileTight Ends
Michael JohnsonWide Receivers
Rocky LongDefensive Coordinator/Linebackers
Chris AchuffDefensive Line
Darrell PerkinsSafeties
Travis FisherCornerbacks
Bob LigasheskySpecial Teams Coordinator

Ten Assistants:

Jason BeckOffensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks
Steve FarmerOffensive Line
Mike LynchRunning Backs
Nunzio CampanileTight Ends
Michael JohnsonWide Receivers
Rocky LongDefensive Coordinator/Linebackers
Chris AchuffDefensive Line
Darrell PerkinsSafeties
Travis FisherCornerbacks
Bob LigasheskySpecial Teams Coordinator
Thanks. So I’m guessing theres no opening for an inside/slot coach vs outside receivers. Pack on the analysts

Aside from those two, the bread and butter, you maintain a presence in Florida, Georgia and the Carolinas.

Would also like some sort of focus on Ohio but we have never seemed too interested in grinding it there (sans the Gerg landing of Delone Carter).

Lots of talent in OH - more than enough to go around and regionally it's a stone's throw.

Would also like some sort of focus on Ohio but we have never seemed to interested in grinding it there (sans the Gerg landing of Delone Carter).

Lots of talent in OH and more than enough to go around.
Ohio’s packed with big time talent but think we’ve had more luck in the 2000s shooting around Lake Michigan from Chicago to Detroit up through Canada. Not a hard area for an upstate ny school to maintain a presence in.

Ohio’s packed with big time talent but think we’ve had more luck in the 2000s shooting around Lake Michigan from Chicago to Detroit up through Canada. Not a hard area for an upstate ny school to maintain a presence in.

Yeah and you recruit where your staff has ties...

We’ve done well with Florida and some of our best pure athletes have come from Florida. I think that needs to be as high a focus as any other area.

I guess I shouldn't tell you that we had an OT visiting from Arkansas.

There was a time where Kentarius Womack from Alabama was going to come to deliver us from evil

Not to mention the human bull, Jarveon Howard, we got from Mississippi.
I never think that any individual player is going to be the savior of the program.
And no matter from what state the coaches recruit you are going to get kids that don't succeed in this program. But hopefully all the kids that we currently have on the roster, whether they are from Hawaii, California, Kansas, Texas, Florida, NJ, NY, PA, VA, MD and all the other states and countries that they come from, succeed athletically and academically at SU.

Adding more Analysts is a great sign of investment in the program.
Exactly. I don't care if a member of the coaching staff / support staff is from the Moon. There's far more that goes into a program's success than where he or she might have recruiting ties.

This is HUGE for Syracuse in South Jersey. DT has amazing connections in that area of the state. It was a huge coup for Rutgers to get him to come back to his alma mater last year. It cannot be understated that having Nunzio on staff coupled with DT on staff means Syracuse has a VERY STRONG presence in North AND South Jersey now. Probably the strongest NJ connection since George.

This is HUGE for Syracuse in South Jersey. DT has amazing connections in that area of the state. It was a huge coup for Rutgers to get him to come back to his alma mater last year. It cannot be understated that having Nunzio on staff coupled with DT on staff means Syracuse has a VERY STRONG presence in North AND South Jersey now. Probably the strongest NJ connection since George.
Fine, I'll handle Central Jersey.