New Director of HS Relations: Dennis Thomas | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

New Director of HS Relations: Dennis Thomas

You're not wrong. The line runs through my house as I am an Eagles fan, and my wife is a fan of the Giants.
What’s the border, Freehold? Having lived in Hoboken and now Philly, this has never been clear to me.

What’s the border, Freehold? Having lived in Hoboken and now Philly, this has never been clear to me.
I'd say that's about right. The Monmouth Co./Ocean Co. border seems like an appropriate place to draw the line. Of course, there are people who don't believe that there is a Central New Jersey, only North and South. I live in Middlesex Co. and there's no way that I'm anything other than Central.

Clemson had more assistants than players last time I saw them at the Dome. The 10 coach restriction, like many others these days, seems notional. Welcome, Dennis ... great to have another "analyst" with NJ ties.
Didn't I hear the NCAA was lifting the restrictions on analysts coaching the players in a more up front way?

Didn't I hear the NCAA was lifting the restrictions on analysts coaching the players in a more up front way?
You heard right. Existing paid coaching numbers stay in place in FBS. The NCAA upgraded volunteer (GA) positions so that they could give instruction (which of course they've been doing all along):

. . . {In FBS football, the] Council redefined graduate assistant positions to graduate student coaches and limited individuals to serving three years maximum in that role.

Last edited:
I'd say that's about right. The Monmouth Co./Ocean Co. border seems like an appropriate place to draw the line. Of course, there are people who don't believe that there is a Central New Jersey, only North and South. I live in Middlesex Co. and there's no way that I'm anything other than Central.
I have long supported the denial of Central New Jersey, but being from North Jersey and moving south of my line of demarcation, I am now willing to acknowledge its existence rather than say I live in South Jersey. For the record, while I have spoken about wildly limited geographic areas that qualify as North Jersey, I have heard and may now endorse a southern border of 195 and a northern border of 78.

Let me know if you need help recruiting.

Lived in N. Plainfield and Piscataway many years ago.
It wasn't North and it wasn't South, so it had to have been Central.
Kinda like the noble Duke of York, if you're only half-way up, you're neither up nor down!

Lived in N. Plainfield and Piscataway many years ago.
It wasn't North and it wasn't South, so it had to have been Central.
Kinda like the noble Duke of York, if you're only half-way up, you're neither up nor down!
Not far from me in Fanwood/Scotch Plains. Central.

You’ve got south, I’ve got north.
By the way, you did a great job with the sandwiches at the Maryland game

By the way, you did a great job with the sandwiches at the Maryland game
I take no credit. It wasn’t me. Now I’m hungry

Exactly. I don't care if a member of the coaching staff / support staff is from the Moon. There's far more that goes into a program's success than where he or she might have recruiting ties.
Otis Sistrunk?