New Offensive Wrinkles at UL | Syracusefan.com

New Offensive Wrinkles at UL

AngryOtto

All Conference
Does anyone think we will see any knew offensive wrinkles in the Louisville game?
Maybe an option route with either GS keeping or pitching to Tucker?
Having GS roll out and hitting Tucker or Luts coming out of the backfield?
Passes to Bensen or Mang 15 to 20 yards down field?
Plays that we either haven’t run or used only a couple times all season.

Saw Ville run this last night - Have Sean line up out wide, motion him and run option to opposite side with Garrett.

I expect some wrinkles - the off week is usually when you have time to put them in - especially given that they’ve been force feeding the offense to Shrader since he took over.

I don’t expect much innovation (which I’m fine with), esp if they worked on the passing game for 2 weeks to get GS more comfortable with his groups of WRs

Im betting more pound the rock football with a sprinkle of play action, we know what we are and don’t see that changing much

Out of the bye, I think we’ll see:

• Some improved pass protection from a revamped line.
  • Refreshed play action that is designed a bit more like it’s meant to be run by Shrader and not DeVito.
  • A few pre-snap wrinkles to help get a mismatch on the outside with a receiver or hopefully a tight end.

Does anyone think we will see any knew offensive wrinkles in the Louisville game?

We’re not allowed to compete passes to our TE’s -
it’s against the rules.

Also - LU is Liberty.

UL is Llvll.

I’d really love to see a HB option pass play -
we did that in our first big upset win of the Dino era, vs VaTech.

It’s not their fault.
They didn’t know.

Seems to me Sterlin has introduced a couple of new plays every week. With an extra week, I would expect this to continue.

Would love to see that play action fake run up the middle to Tucker play, where Shrader ends up doing what looks like a QB draw, then pulls up and throws it to Sean a couple more times this year. I think they one tied things up against Wake and got us into OT. Great play.

I think the trick play/new stuff you'll see vs NC State. I don't remember when I read/saw this but Dino said he likes to save the surprise plays for when he thinks his team absolutely needs it to win the game. So wouldn't surprise me if they were practicing a few interesting plays and holding it for NC State and/or Pitt.

I want to see the punt fake that LSU ran against Alabama.

The issue with the passing game is mostly rhythm with Shrader.. Go back and watch the Lou game again. Almost every throw that he misses is when the throws are not part of his reads.. When he threw the ball to the WR he expects to even 1/2 reads he was fine.. Its when he held the ball and then had to scan the field and most often throw late to someone he got wildly inaccurate. His best throws are when he knows he is throwing the out or the slant or the curl/seem. His throw to Alford at VT was fine because he was thinking deep throw from the get go..

His bad throws are when he is fading/ buying time or he sees someone late as the protection is fading and then he doesn't set his feet and gets sloppy with his arm angle .

we can fix some of his mechanics, but we need Wrs getting open a bit better , because he needs to trust his reads more.. He doesnt want to throw into tight windows much of the time so that leads to late throws to other Wrs and thats when he gets wild.

Well he did just mention some trickery on his Packer & Durham spot so...maybe they having something ready.

I think Trebor Pena will not have any wrinkles for a while...

Seems to me Sterlin has introduced a couple of new plays every week. With an extra week, I would expect this to continue.

Would love to see that play action fake run up the middle to Tucker play, where Shrader ends up doing what looks like a QB draw, then pulls up and throws it to Sean a couple more times this year. I think they one tied things up against Wake and got us into OT. Great play.
Yeah the bootlegs out of pistol as opposed to gun RPO has worked really well too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom