New OL Coach- Joe Adam | Syracusefan.com

New OL Coach- Joe Adam

Seems like he has worked his way up the ranks and ready to make the jump to a program like Syracuse. He seems like a quality coach with a strong resume. Glad he is on our staff. My only question is has he ever been an o-line coach before?

Well, he should have a lot in common with Ward and Roberts.

Seems like he has worked his way up the ranks and ready to make the jump to a program like Syracuse. He seems like a quality coach with a strong resume. Glad he is on our staff. My only question is has he ever been an o-line coach before?

He looks like an OL coach...

FB_Coach_Adam.jpg

Details, details

oldpinepoint said:
I'm lost on this one

He worked under Shafer before and he's from the Midwest. That's our coaching tree.

what is going on is starting to concern me.....we are losing coaches for whatever reasons and hire from small programs. It's starting to remind me of when Pasqualoni was coaching.

We never seem to have the money to steal one away from another BCS program as a lateral move.

On the surface this is a major downgrade. Makes you think Shafer might not have seen this coming after all.

Or they're going cheap here because they're going to splash out on the other hire or hires? Unclear at the moment.

I'm not so worried about the lack of o-line coaching experience. This is football. It's not that complicated. If he can teach and reach the kids, he can teach oline as well as dline. And who knows? Maybe he played oline? No local connection is a bit more worrisome. Doubling down on Illinois is not a long-term solution to our shortcomings closer to home. But it could be that they see him as taking over Smith's recruiting patch if he's off to Badgerland.

what is going on is starting to concern me...we are losing coaches for whatever reasons and hire from small programs. It's starting to remind me of when Pasqualoni was coaching.

We never seem to have the money to steal one away from another BCS program as a lateral move.

Ding, Ding, Ding. Who holds the purse strings?

It can be fixed in about 2 seconds with a commitment of using new ACC revenue streams to get the football program off of the low end of the bell curve. Otherwise you get what you can only pay for...

what is going on is starting to concern me...we are losing coaches for whatever reasons and hire from small programs. It's starting to remind me of when Pasqualoni was coaching.

That's NEVER going to happen.

Dis
Or they're going cheap here because they're going to splash out on the other hire or hires? Unclear at the moment.

I'm not so worried about the lack of o-line coaching experience. This is football. It's not that complicated. If he can teach and reach the kids, he can teach oline as well as dline. And who knows? Maybe he played oline? No local connection is a bit more worrisome. Doubling down on Illinois is not a long-term solution to our shortcomings closer to home. But it could be that they see him as taking over Smith's recruiting patch if he's off to Badgerland.
disagree- oline is one of the hardest positions to coach. Each position is different, blocking scheme, combo blocks etc. you need experience here. I'm thinking he might not be the oline coach