New or Increasing # Season Ticket Holders Check In | Syracusefan.com

New or Increasing # Season Ticket Holders Check In

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
Lurkers this is your chance to jump in. I'd love to hear why you jumped into being a season ticket holder or increased your amount of tickets.

If you are a returning season ticket holder...why did you come back?

Lurkers this is your chance to jump in. I'd love to hear why you jumped into being a season ticket holder or increased your amount of tickets.

I got two seasons this year for the first time in a decade because they are so damn cheap (even with donation) and I fooled myself into thinking decent times are ahead.

My brother and I have a pair. He’s recently retired and living in Binghamton. I live in Colorado. I won’t get to all of the games, but I’ve had season tickets off and on for a good while. It’s kind of my contribution to SU football whether I get there or not. I’m the kind of fan that’s optimistic to a fault. We’ve had good eras and will again. This year could be a good one. LGO!!

I was going to cancel my 4 tickets, not as a vote of no confidence in DFB but in the whole program.

The hires of Anae, Beck and the return of a high caliber ST coach was a good first step and the additional investments in the dome and the Lally complex drove me to make sure I was doing my part also (even though my overall cost went up about $1k)

I had serious strategy issues with HCDFB last year (and some in 2019) but am a believer he is a solid coach and a great leader of people. I also believe that 90% of head coaches are only worth about 1-2 wins/losses each each year and the much bigger barometer of success is investment in the program as a whole (assistant coach $$$, facilities, housing, nutrition, recruiting resources, staff etc)

ADJFW opened his checkbook so I (re)opened mine.

This is our first year of being season ticket holders. We went to our first two games in the Dome last season, vs Wake and vs BC. I couldn’t believe it but my wife had a blast (she doesn’t like football on tv).

On our way home after the Wake game she said “how much do you think season tickets are?”. We decided then and there that this was going to be a new tradition.

I’m a new Cuse fan.

This coming year will be our 9th season. My son is 13 don’t know how much longer we will have so not giving up now. Had to move seats this year for the increase in student overflow seating. Hope our new section is as much fun as the old one.

This is our first year of being season ticket holders. We went to our first two games in the Dome last season, vs Wake and vs BC. I couldn’t believe it but my wife had a blast (she doesn’t like football on tv).

On our way home after the Wake game she said “how much do you think season tickets are?”. We decided then and there that this was going to be a new tradition.

I’m a new Cuse fan.
That’s a great story. Welcome aboard. Watching at home is ok but college football is SO much more fun on campus and in the stadium.

1. Son will be a freshman on the hill
2. We are now empty nesters
3. Mom still lives in Central NY

Can kill several birds with one stone.

Looking forward to becoming a regular at the Dome after all these years.

FOMO. Every off season instills a "this could be the great year" feeling, and I always give in to it. Some of those walks out of the stadium after games find me mumbling and cursing myself, however. But that's a me problem.

I keep paying in for 2. $125 for a season ticket is so cheap and our seats are great.

I know I can't go to every game, but figure if nothing else it's money for the school. And I can go whenever I want, and know the seat I'm getting. Front row, upper deck, right at entrance to tunnel, easy to get in and out for beer and trough.

This year is even easier, given the most attractive home schedule in quite a while. It's possible I could even 3rd party sell for a couple games, but I'll probably just give them away when I'm not there.

We've had these seats since Marrone's first year.

Wasn’t really on the fence on my season tickets, but after a couple of hard seasons had moved to the warning track. The coaching hires were key, and I really wanted to continue supporting the players who work so hard when none of us can see them. Finally, there is no way I could pass on the opportunity to see the Orange defeat Notre Dame on October 29th.

Live in Florida and bought two season tickets lower level. My wife and I are flying up for 3 home games this season and will be giving away the remaining to family in the Syracuse area. Bought them primarily because of the new offensive coaches that were brought in. I was at the Florida State debacle last year and was thoroughly disgusted by the play calling. I know all about the missed calls by the refs. in the game but I truly believe we should have won that game going away if the plays were called correctly. I am extremely excited to see how our offense looks this year.

Despite my over 80% price increase I renewed and added an extra seat. I was buying the third seat all last season anyway because it was available almost every game and I liked the extra wiggle room.

This also came in really clutch when we found out my wife was pregnant in February so we were going to need the 3rd seat anyway

I wasn’t thrilled with how much my seats went up and I’m still iffy on next year. This season has to be a program defining year in my opinion and I’m hoping to be there as much as possible to witness it and renew my confidence in this program and this head coach

If I still lived in Cuse I’d have 4-6 season tickets every year regardless of how good or bad they are…love me some college football and Cuse

hopefully this stupid realignment crap doesn’t ruin it for half the teams in p5

I had seasons football and basketball tix forever. A few years ago we dropped basketball because I just wasn’t able to get to games. Last year I purchased a 9-pack of tix for bball and made it to maybe 5 games. We also added lacrosse seasons tix and made it to almost every one.

When fball tix increased in price this year, I decided to keep the same seats and just pay a lot more for them. Not sure if I’ll buy the 9-pack for bball or not. Will probably buy the lax tix again.

Been a season ticket holder since I graduated in 1981 and I’m not local. I was really, really on the fence this year with renewing as it has been about 20 years of bad football with a few exceptions. My season tickets also increased in price a lot. SU is my Alma Mater and I loved my time on the hill so pulling the plug isn’t an easy decision for me. I decided to renew as SU does seem to be putting money into the program and making a real effort to win. The only way I renew next year is if we win at least 7 games or Dino gets replaced if we win less than that. He’s been given enough time and resources to be successful. Additionally, I am becoming more and more disillusioned with college sports as NIL is basically legalizing cheating and we can’t compete in that world. There are plenty of other ways to spend my time and money and maybe I just need to open my eyes.

After having 2 season tickets since 2000, last year was the first year that I chose not to renew my season tickets. This year, due to a need to be up in Syracuse a bit more often for family reasons, I bought a single season ticket. It’s probably about $500 cheaper than what I had been paying and I won’t feel that bad if I miss a game or two.

I am really considering getting season tickets again this year. I got them in 2019 after the great 2018 year, after not having them since I was a student (2012 grad). Of course that was only because I haven’t lived there since then (been in NE OH).

However, “Life” has been at it recently and I think moving back to CNY is something to heavily consider and finally try to act on after almost 10 years away. That’s a big driver in terms of ST.

Job search commence, I guess…