New song to enter the dome to... | Syracusefan.com

New song to enter the dome to...

A Clockwork Orange

2022 Cali Winner (Overall Record)
I'm thinking in line with enter sandman at VPI or Jump Around at Wisconsin. The purpose of these songs is obviously to get the crowd going nuts before the team enters.

Currently we don't have a good option. The song needs to have a good build up, and the beat has got to drop as the team emerges from the tunnel. That is crucial. Given that everyone recognizes Syracuse as cold and snowy, I thought a song with that theme was important, even though the instrumental beginning is really all anyone will hear.

With all of that said I choose So Cold by Breaking Benjamin. I don't know this group, and I don't think I've ever heard a song by them. But you have to admit, it has those ingredients (good beat drop, nice build up) that all entrance songs have.

Have a listen. The team comes out at about the 40 second mark. You could also loop some of that beginning to give more of a build up. After that it doesn't really matter what the song does, nor do the lyrics or the singing matter.

Smooth by Santana or nothing

At Clemson Cuse game last year they played “turn down for what” before a key 3rd down and the place was actually shaking... need something that makes every generation nuts. Too bad “don’t stop believing” isn’t a hype up song... everybody could sing that together

Last edited:
Again -- The song has to have a great buildup and a great beat drop. What that means is there needs to be a slow build up, a sense of foreboding -- and then BAM, it hits you like a ton of bricks. Thunderstruck has that, although it is taken. King Crimson, I mean...no. Orangezen I love the song but you would be the only one hyped by it. Kickstart my heart is certainly an option, you'd need to loop the beginning to get more of a payoff when the beat drops, but that one would work.

Last edited:
When do they run out? Where is the zenith where the crowd is in a frenzy and then BAM, it goes over the top? It's a great riff and a great song but for our purposes I don't think it's right.

Same band, very different songs.

Ok if not that, what about

Might give the blue hairs a coronary

LOVE that song!! Would be killer even without the vocals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online