Class of 2022 - New Transfer: Cole Kirst (NJ: Seton Hall Prep) Attack Transfer from Lehigh | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 New Transfer: Cole Kirst (NJ: Seton Hall Prep) Attack Transfer from Lehigh

Hell yeah. Glad it's official. I assume we plan on using him as a bruiser mid out of the box.

Obviously it would be better to have a guy like Shelling on your team then to not have him, but are we filling up on O? He would not be attack unless he is replacing Birtwistle, so feathers would be ruffled, and I assume we would bring him in to play nothing but attack. Not to mention pushing guys like Leo and Thomson further back on the depth chart. We are essentially trying to replace Dordevic Seebold Curry and Quinn and add more depth to middie in general. While not being 1 for 1 by any means, with Spallina, Hiltz returning, Simmons, Kirst, and hopefully at least 2 of those other promising freshman able to play right away, have we already accomplished that?

Spitballing here, but a Possible O lineup with who we have so far:

Attack
Hiltz
Spallina
Birtwistle
Leo 1st off the Bench

1st Mids
Simmons
Kirst
Rhoa

2nd
Cordez
Fiorini
Kempney

Then you still have Thomson who will play somewhere, Tenaglia, Cook if healthy, Ferris, Borges etc. I would be fine with Leo and Thomson being our other options at attack rather than some other transfer. They are both very skilled and ready for D1 and one or both could be discouraged by another transfer taking attack minutes.

Hell yeah. Glad it's official. I assume we plan on using him as a bruiser mid out of the box.

Obviously it would be better to have a guy like Shelling on your team then to not have him, but are we filling up on O? He would not be attack unless he is replacing Birtwistle, so feathers would be ruffled, and I assume we would bring him in to play nothing but attack. Not to mention pushing guys like Leo and Thomson further back on the depth chart. We are essentially trying to replace Dordevic Seebold Curry and Quinn and add more depth to middie in general. While not being 1 for 1 by any means, with Spallina, Hiltz returning, Simmons, Kirst, and hopefully at least 2 of those other promising freshman able to play right away, have we already accomplished that?

Spitballing here, but a Possible O lineup with who we have so far:

Attack
Hiltz
Spallina
Birtwistle
Leo 1st off the Bench

1st Mids
Simmons
Kirst
Rhoa

2nd
Cordez
Fiorini
Kempney

Then you still have Thomson who will play somewhere, Tenaglia, Cook if healthy, Ferris, Borges etc. I would be fine with Leo and Thomson being our other options at attack rather than some other transfer. They are both very skilled and ready for D1 and one or both could be discouraged by another transfer taking attack minutes.
Gonna ask the question.

Are we expecting any more loses? Any obv big names?

Gonna ask the question.

Are we expecting any more loses? Any obv big names?
Only big names left are Hiltz and Birtwistle. Both seem unlikely, especially Hiltz. Birtwistle may be staying but he will be in a major battle for that third spot with just the freshman alone, let alone the transfers. Thomson and Simmons are both righties with similar skills and will give him a run for his money.

Only big names left are Hiltz and Birtwistle. Both seem unlikely, especially Hiltz. Birtwistle may be staying but he will be in a major battle for that third spot with just the freshman alone, let alone the transfers. Thomson and Simmons are both righties with similar skills and will give him a run for his money.

I wouldn't be surprised if Thomson and Simmons both played midfield as both have extensive backgrounds playing middie. Birtwistle is much more dangerous as an attackmen though he can play mid if needed.

I wouldn't be surprised if Thomson and Simmons both played midfield as both have extensive backgrounds playing middie. Birtwistle is much more dangerous as an attackmen though he can play mid if needed.
It should be a tough but fun battle. Thomson does play attack in those Everest games on youtube but he dodges from all over the place comfortably. The edge they might have on Birtwistle is the box lacrosse connection with hiltz. They could get up to some highly effective shenanigans on pick plays/two man game with him and it might be tempting to keep that connection on the field at all times.

I guess I didn't realize that Cole Kirst was a member of the USA U-21 Team. He was recently named captain. Nice words from Coach Myers.

When they announced the U21 roster last November, Kirst was still a Mountain Hawk.

Fun vid. Nice kids with big personalities. Cole's shot from both sides looks good. Maybe Cuse should start recruiting youngest brother who is excellent hs goalie

I watched. Interesting that delbarton passed on a couple of the kids.