Class of 2021 - New Transfer: Nick Caccamo (Harborfields/Yale) Defense | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 New Transfer: Nick Caccamo (Harborfields/Yale) Defense

So, he enrolled at Yale this fall as a '20, but with no lacrosse this year, chose to transfer to Syracuse and since he never played, basically just become a '21? I mean technically, that can't be correct. But I think I get what Ty means.

Great news. And now we know just how good Hiltz is, so the offense could be scary good in 2 years time. Hiltz is already making us a better team right now.

Syracuse will have a big hole to fill on their close defense next year. Mitch Wykoff has been a very good A1 defenseman this year, but I don’t think the Orange have an alpha waiting in the wings (the Brandon Mullins, Nick Mellen type) for next year. Wondering if the coaches are hoping Caccamo could be that guy? His highlight tape is very impressive, but he won’t have played competitive lacrosse for two years.

I think DiPietro has been pretty good this year as the number two guy, but I don’t know if I see him as guarding the top attackmen on other teams. I also don’t see a guy on the bench right now who could step into that role, and they only have one close defenseman coming in next years class (Kyle McCarthy). Anyways, not worth worrying about now, but it’s fun to speculate (that’s what message boards are for right?)

Syracuse will have a big hole to fill on their close defense next year. Mitch Wykoff has been a very good A1 defenseman this year, but I don’t think the Orange have an alpha waiting in the wings (the Brandon Mullins, Nick Mellen type) for next year. Wondering if the coaches are hoping Caccamo could be that guy? His highlight tape is very impressive, but he won’t have played competitive lacrosse for two years.

I think DiPietro has been pretty good this year as the number two guy, but I don’t know if I see him as guarding the top attackmen on other teams. I also don’t see a guy on the bench right now who could step into that role, and they only have one close defenseman coming in next years class (Kyle McCarthy). Anyways, not worth worrying about now, but it’s fun to speculate (that’s what message boards are for right?)

DiPietro had played well but hes not a #1. Kennedy will likely bump back down assuming he returns, hard-to-invision C being that #1 defender with this long a pause between playing.

DiPietro had played well but hes not a #1. Kennedy will likely bump back down assuming he returns, hard-to-invision C being that #1 defender with this long a pause between playing.

I really hope Kennedy comes back, but I also really hope he stays at LSM.

Im bringing this forum another irrelevant tidbit knowing neither will ever take a college faceoff but Aviles went 6-13 in faceoffs agaisnt Colluci in sr yr of hs . Colluci is Colgate fogo at 54%. Scanlan was 17-34 on faceoffs for Iroquis National team in 2018 World Games,.

Give Avelas a long stick?
He is more of an Offenisve mid than a Defensive mid, can't imagine that happens. Some of these kids need to step up. Anybody have any inside info? Kids like Owen Hull, Tommy Drago, Caden Kol were all top 100 guys I believe... are they performing well in practice?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom