Class of 2016 - New Transfer: Willie Klan (NY:Penfield) Goalie [from OSU] | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 New Transfer: Willie Klan (NY:Penfield) Goalie [from OSU]

redhead091

Walk On
per the laxpower thread "Transfers, where are they going," Willie Klan (G) transferring from OSU to Syracuse - another UA AA moving on...

Goalie might be at the bottom of my transfer position wish list. Sad trombone.
But Welcome Willie!

Goalie might be at the bottom of my transfer position wish list. Sad trombone.
But Welcome Willie!

Maybe not for this year as Malloy will surely start and play the bulk of the minutes...but the future of that position is very much in doubt based on recruiting in the next few classes. This kid was the no. 24 ranked recruit in his class (for whatever that is worth), so this could be a potential 3 year starter. This transfer makes a ton of sense.

Molloy (Senior)
Avallone (Senior)

Madonna (Junior)
Porter (Frosh)
Strang (Frosh)

Klan would have 4 years of eligibility left if he came here.

Makes for an interesting Fall Ball to see who backs up Molloy and who redshirts.

Maybe not for this year as Malloy will surely start and play the bulk of the minutes...but the future of that position is very much in doubt based on recruiting in the next few classes. This kid was the no. 24 ranked recruit in his class (for whatever that is worth), so this could be a potential 3 year starter. This transfer makes a ton of sense.
Agreed, but it doesn't EXCITE me like a legit scorer or distributor does and Desko always manages to stockpile 6 or so goalies.

image.jpeg

We need a goalie especially how Malloy finished the season. He's very highly rated and had an amazing save percentage in High School. I have seen him play and is a great communicator, solid out of the cage and clearer, sounds like the goalie we should be recruiting. I also think we should be carpet bombing the Rochester area for recruits right now it's a hotbed for the sport.

He played for Sweetlax, Upstate UA Underclassmen and in the UA All American game.

Great to have a team USA player!

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    270.9 KB · Views: 162
Molloy (Senior)
Avallone (Senior)

Madonna (Junior)
Porter (Frosh)
Strang (Frosh)

Klan would have 4 years of eligibility left if he came here.

Makes for an interesting Fall Ball to see who backs up Molloy and who redshirts.
Weirdly enough they list him as getting into the Hofstra game last year. Not sure if it's a box score error. No saves/goals.

This years starter played just about every minute listed in the box score, was an HM AA and will be returning next year. Probably played into the move.

Last edited:
View attachment 67110

We need a goalie especially how Malloy finished the season. He's very highly rated and had an amazing save percentage in High School. I have seen him play and is a great communicator, solid out of the cage and clearer, sounds like the goalie we should be recruiting. I also think we should be carpet bombing the Rochester area for recruits right now it's a hotbed for the sport.

He played for Sweetlax, Upstate UA Underclassmen and in the UA All American game.

Great to have a team USA player!
As you know, we have Trimboli from Victor, the area's preeminent program. Maloy (same program) would have been a good get also (Cornell). The school we need to make inroads into is Pittsford. Whipple's a Maryland grad (unfortunately), but he's turning out good teams consistently and developing D-1 prospects. Not sure who, if anyone's, on the radar from there but they're playing good LAX.

High school lacrosse has become irrelevant in the recruiting process. It is all about club lacrosse and 90% of the best players in section 5 play for Kevin Martin's Sweetlax. The way recruiting is done, most top flight players have committed to a school before they are entrenched in their varsity program. That said, in Pittsfords case, Whipple also coaches with Sweetlax. And I would also argue that Victor has a more well stocked pipeline than Pittsford, but both are far and away the top two producing high schools in upstate NY for the foreseeable future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom