New York Football Giants 2017 Title Quest Thread | Syracusefan.com

New York Football Giants 2017 Title Quest Thread

KaiserUEO

2022 and 2x ESPN Tourney Challenge Winner
For those of you scoring at home and wondering about how the Giants can improve upon last years 11 Wins...with cuts coming in we can count that last years starting Z WR, RB, RT and both TE's...are out of football.

The league won't know what hit em...

The kicker scares me. Strong leg but no experience and what experience he does have, hasn't been all that good. Unlike the Giants to take a chance like this.

DIv2EH1XoAAWTkK.jpg

The kicker scares me. Strong leg but no experience and what experience he does have, hasn't been all that good. Unlike the Giants to take a chance like this.
Ali Haji Sheikh says hello...

I guess Parcells also did it with Eric Shubert and Fassel with Matt Bryant, but I get your point. Especially since we thinking February this year.

Personally, I like the move, there's a reason Nugent was unsigned heading into camp and Rosas could be here cheap for a while.

I'm also glad they kept a FB and the 4th TE, LaCosse, didn't think they'd keep both.

Can't wait for Sunday Night...

Ali Haji Sheikh says hello...

I guess Parcells also did it with Eric Shubert and Fassel with Matt Bryant, but I get your point. Especially since we thinking February this year.

Personally, I like the move, there's a reason Nugent was unsigned heading into camp and Rosas could be here cheap for a while.

I'm also glad they kept a FB and the 4th TE, LaCosse, didn't think they'd keep both.

Can't wait for Sunday Night...

Get ready for a huge dose of Dak and Zeke.

Your "title" quest starts with a loss next Sunday.
I know it was cool when the pretty helmet team Won when you were 8, 9 & 11...but I will only allow in this thread the adults who have seen there team win as adults.

Feel free to start a thread for the fans of the Chiefs, Dolphins, Raiders, Redskins, 49ers and your beloved pokes.

I'll periodically stop in to check on things and make sure nobody hurt their brain trying to remember their title years...

The Giants have a better team this year than last. The Giants beat the Boys twice last year.

I like the G-men, especially against the Iggs, Wash cloths, and Flower boys, but we all know last year don't mean squat. That said, I hope they go 6-0 in division. :)

I love the Giants this year, except that whoever got rid of Nassib and brough in Gino Smith needs to have his head examined.

I love the Giants this year, except that whoever got rid of Nassib and brough in Gino Smith needs to have his head examined.
I don't think so.

Nassib was so bad last year that they brought in josh Johnson and made him the #2 mid season. Then Nassib got hurt and went on IR...and nobody signed him except for the saints late as a camp arm.

Despite not playing, Nassib had a fine career by lasting 4 years. I wish he got a ring behind Eli, but he learned from the best in TC and McAdoo, made some good coin and has a lot of stories as he heads off to his next life.

Geno, is the better backup for this team, he will have to run the scout team like a lot of teams QBs play now, has started 30 games and is better suited to finish up if need be.

No Eli, no season...but if he is to miss a few plays, quarter or God forbid a game...Geno is better option than Nassib.

We can probably find a better option than Geno, but that's a whole other topic.

And no kapernick is not 1 of them.

Will Tye was claimed by the jets, everyone else through waivers.

Giants awarded no claims.

Practice Squad being formed...

I don't think so.

Nassib was so bad last year that they brought in josh Johnson and made him the #2 mid season. Then Nassib got hurt and went on IR...and nobody signed him except for the saints late as a camp arm.

Despite not playing, Nassib had a fine career by lasting 4 years. I wish he got a ring behind Eli, but he learned from the best in TC and McAdoo, made some good coin and has a lot of stories as he heads off to his next life.

Geno, is the better backup for this team, he will have to run the scout team like a lot of teams QBs play now, has started 30 games and is better suited to finish up if need be.

No Eli, no season...but if he is to miss a few plays, quarter or God forbid a game...Geno is better option than Nassib.

We can probably find a better option than Geno, but that's a whole other topic.

And no kapernick is not 1 of them.
Gino sucks. At the NFL level, FB IQ is everything. He makes three plays and does something stupid (forces it, heaves it under pressure, etc.). Nassib's problem is protection. He's a pinpoint passer, maybe not a huge arm but decent, and he's very smart. I don't share your opinion of him b/c every time I watch him he's running for his life.

Why does everyone still insist on calling them the "New York Football Giants" since the "New York Baseball Giants" moved to SF in the 50s? They're the only New York Giants left (and No, the animals in Madagascar don't count!).

Why does everyone still insist on calling them the "New York Football Giants" since the "New York Baseball Giants" moved to SF in the 50s? They're the only New York Giants left (and No, the animals in Madagascar don't count!).

Blame this guy.

chris-schenkel-football-booth.png

:)

Its the legal corporate name.

Unless the giants found an o-line over the winter they aren't winning a playoff game let alone a title. Flowers might be the worst starter in the league.

Unless the giants found an o-line over the winter they aren't winning a playoff game let alone a title. Flowers might be the worst starter in the league.

I'm a Giants fan and am concerned with the OL. But it's a unit that can really overachieve if the coaching and system are right. Sum of it's parts and all that.

Have to stay healthy and keep Eli upright. Otherwise, I think we have a good shot.