New Zone. 1 1 2 1 | Syracusefan.com

New Zone. 1 1 2 1

klemmer56

Walk On
Perhaps the 2-3 was getting too easy?

A Hall coach bringing in a new Zone defense will cause issues. This is a 1 1 2 1, I have never seen a defense like this.

Cuse will be very difficult come March. It will take a year or two to really identify where to attack.

Although we haven’t come down with the rebounds we should tonight, we seem to always have guys in position to rebound unlike the standard 2-3 zone. Now we just need to outmuscle Nova.

Paging Benny.

An athletic 4 where Jimmy is playing would be interesting. If only that 4 could dribble, shoot, or be any kind of threat on the offensive side...

And to be clear, I like where Jimmy fits on thus team.

Perhaps the 2-3 was getting too easy?

A Hall coach bringing in a new Zone defense will cause issues. This is a 1 1 2 1, I have never seen a defense like this.

Cuse will be very difficult come March. It will take a year or two to really identify where to attack.
Baseline. I just saved our opponents coaches two years of analysis. Do you think I should form a consulting group?

At what point do we call it man to man?
When they stop leaving one man WIDE OPEN from three after two or three passes around the perimeter. It’s comical how open they always leave the three point shooter after any minimal penetration or more than two passes around the outside.

We gave up 50 three point shots tonight. It won’t take a year to learn how to attack.

Rotations are too slow, and we don't have the usual athleticism to get out and challenge shots.

A good passing team like Nova carved us up, and we had guys out of position a lot, unable to recover when a second [or third, or fourth] pass was made. Net result: wide open shots.

Rotations are too slow, and we don't have the usual athleticism to get out and challenge shots.

A good passing team like Nova carved us up, and we had guys out of position a lot, unable to recover when a second [or third, or fourth] pass was made. Net result: wide open shots.
Don't worry, Villanova is a top 10 team we should be happy with our performance. If a team like Colgate can do this to us theeeen we will be in trouble. Oh whoops.

When they stop leaving one man WIDE OPEN from three after two or three passes around the perimeter. It’s comical how open they always leave the three point shooter after any minimal penetration or more than two passes around the outside.

This is what happens when your center has the best lateral agility out of every player in your starting five. Not a good recipe for defending the perimeter against a team that is will to make an extra pass. Compound that problem with the fact that any team willing to make an extra pass will quite often spread the zone out so much that defensive rebounding becomes a huge problem. I mean, Nova was AWFUL shooting the ball from the perimeter last night but they made up for it with offensive rebounding because the zone was completely blown up by the time most of those outside shots went up.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom