Newest 30 for 30 | Syracusefan.com

Newest 30 for 30

I hate that were are in the ACC it's just feels weird. I long for the days
Of the big east. It was special and I cherish the great moments.
This documentary looks amazing. I can't wait for the entire thing to
Be on espn. Then after the showing there is a extended extras that
Espn plans to air. With more interviews and rare footage.
Just this little short trailer got my blood flowing.
RIP the Big East conference may it rest in peace.

lol, I still remember that orange off the backboard. That was awesome.

Stevenson said:
I miss depaul so much it makes me sad in my pants.

I eagerly await our next game with Virginia Tech. Or maybe the Wake game.

I'm also excited about the ACC tourney in Greensboro.

But the ACC has been great. There aren't many local games anymore and I'm saving a lot of money, which I can use to take a nice vacation.

I eagerly await our next game with Virginia Tech. Or maybe the Wake game.

I'm also excited about the ACC tourney in Greensboro.

But the ACC has been great. There aren't many local games anymore and I'm saving a lot of money, which I can use to take a nice vacation.

In the 2 sports so far we've played at MSG, Giants Stadium, Boston, DC 2x, Syracuse South in Miami, Pittsburgh...C-Ville this weekend...local for a lot of people who don't live near Hartford.

Bayside44 said:
In the 2 sports so far we've played at MSG, Giants Stadium, Boston, DC 2x, Syracuse South in Miami, Pittsburgh...C-Ville this weekend...local for a lot of people who don't live near Hartford.

I hope you guys are enjoying it. Sucks for me. Never thought I'd be shut out of so many Cuse games living 4 hours from campus.

I hope you guys are enjoying it. Sucks for me. Never thought I'd be shut out of so many Cuse games living 4 hours from campus.

Outside of UConn and every random time at Providence how is it any different? Boston is pretty close to Providence. Looks like we'll swap out travel to Villanova and SJU.

Neither side has a valid excuse for that series not continuing. Cannot fit it into the schedule? Please I could help both programs find an opening in about five seconds. Cuse and Georgetown should be ashamed. In the modern NCAA Tournament era the regular season means nothing and for the better programs the conference tournaments mean nothing as it is all about the tournament in March. The least a program can do is schedule compelling matchups that players/fans want. I would like to have Georgetown/Syracuse the final weekend game of the season every year all apologies to the Florida States of the world.

Neither side has a valid excuse for that series not continuing. Cannot fit it into the schedule? Please I could help both programs find an opening in about five seconds. Cuse and Georgetown should be ashamed. In the modern NCAA Tournament era the regular season means nothing and for the better programs the conference tournaments mean nothing as it is all about the tournament in March. The least a program can do is schedule compelling matchups that players/fans want. I would like to have Georgetown/Syracuse the final weekend game of the season every year all apologies to the Florida States of the world.

Georgetown is dying on the vine. It's 15 minutes from my house so that's nice but it's going by the way of St. Bonaventure.

If you can believe our AD, Georgetown has had a signed contract on their desk for several months.

Georgetown is dying on the vine. It's 15 minutes from my house so that's nice but it's going by the way of St. Bonaventure.

Don't think so. Catholic League is a good conference and will remain so. G'town is the only BE opponent I care about playing still. It's nice to have Nova and SJU on the sked but if they disappeared forever, I wouldn't be terribly bothered by it. Duke is never going to be our rival. Duke has UNC and vice versa. It will never reach the level of intensity we had with G'town. I'm glad Gross recognizes that. Don't know what Thompson III is thinking about if they're really sitting on that contract.

Don't think so. Catholic League is a good conference and will remain so. G'town is the only BE opponent I care about playing still. It's nice to have Nova and SJU on the sked but if they disappeared forever, I wouldn't be terribly bothered by it. Duke is never going to be our rival. Duke has UNC and vice versa. It will never reach the level of intensity we had with G'town. I'm glad Gross recognizes that. Don't know what Thompson III is thinking about if they're really sitting on that contract.

They're not drawing, and are barely making news in DC. Don't see how it doesn't get worse. They still have kids they recruited to play against us and UL and Pitt and UConn and ND. Pretty soon they won't.

They're not drawing, and are barely making news in DC. Don't see how it doesn't get worse. They still have kids they recruited to play against us and UL and Pitt and UConn and ND. Pretty soon they won't.

It looks like they're bringing in some solid talent next year and in 2015. I think as long as Thompson III is there, they'll be a player nationally. As far as attendance goes, they've got the same problem a lot of elite schools have: convincing their increasingly Asian student body to take an interest in college sports. Take a walk around the G'town campus and it's no longer just Catholic kids from the Northeast and Midwest. But that doesn't concern me. I want to see them vs. SU. How they do attendance-wise in their other games doesn't concern me. That's been a problem they've had for a number of years and it hasn't affected our rivalry.

I have been waiting for this for over a year!! I just knew they would put it on immediately after the selection show. It is going to be awesome. The 30 for 30's are all really great and to have one about the Big East and thus Syracuse is incredible!

cuseguy said:
I eagerly await our next game with Virginia Tech. Or maybe the Wake game. I'm also excited about the ACC tourney in Greensboro. But the ACC has been great. There aren't many local games anymore and I'm saving a lot of money, which I can use to take a nice vacation.
I hear Dallas is beautiful in April...

It looks like they're bringing in some solid talent next year and in 2015. I think as long as Thompson III is there, they'll be a player nationally. As far as attendance goes, they've got the same problem a lot of elite schools have: convincing their increasingly Asian student body to take an interest in college sports. Take a walk around the G'town campus and it's no longer just Catholic kids from the Northeast and Midwest. But that doesn't concern me. I want to see them vs. SU. How they do attendance-wise in their other games doesn't concern me. That's been a problem they've had for a number of years and it hasn't affected our rivalry.
Nope, they are circling the drain. They are completely irrelevant locally. NIT bound this year, headed in the direction when we found them. Why we would want to fill their building for them (normally upper deck is closed)? BTW, Gtown not Catholic in any real sense (as in doctrine). Place is beyond evil.

Nope, they are circling the drain. They are completely irrelevant locally. NIT bound this year, headed in the direction when we found them. Why we would want to fill their building for them (normally upper deck is closed)? BTW, Gtown not Catholic in any real sense (as in doctrine). Place is beyond evil.

It's always great when politics is brought up in a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with politics.

30 for 30: Requiem For The Big East -Rivalry

Goosebumps.
Thanks for this.
Just seeing a G-town uniform gets my blood boiling...let alone that big goof.
If we went undefeated this year it would have needed an asterisk because we didn't beat these %#$@#s!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom