News | Syracusefan.com

News

AngryOtto

All Conference
It would be great if the football program would provide more consistent updates about the team. After last season DB should do what he can to excite the fan base.
They could provide weekly updates on conditioning. How much players are lifting, reps personal goals for the spring and upcoming season. This could continue through spring ball.
DB does not need to name starters or who is on depth charters (never seems accurate) or the type of plays they want to run but it would be nice to get some information to the fans so they can be more excited about the team and coming season.
Just some thoughts.

It would be great if the football program would provide more consistent updates about the team. After last season DB should do what he can to excite the fan base.
They could provide weekly updates on conditioning. How much players are lifting, reps personal goals for the spring and upcoming season. This could continue through spring ball.

They all lifted kegs over the weekend.

DB does not need to name starters or who is on depth charters (never seems accurate) or the type of plays they want to run but it would be nice to get some information to the fans so they can be more excited about the team and coming season.
Just some thoughts.
Hold fast to dreams....

Just some thoughts.

I’m all for them being in stealth mode all off-season. Do whatever it takes to not be a train wreck next season. That’s all I care about at this point.

Last edited:
I loved the La Familia videos. It really helped fans connect to the players/team. I wish they were continued.
Agree. I believe recruits also loved them. I have seen them reference the videos positively.

Just some thoughts.
It’s February.

I loved the La Familia videos. It really helped fans connect to the players/team. I wish they were continued.
The La Familia videos were done in the summer leading up to the 2019 season. If you hadn't noticed, the summer leading up to the 2020 season was filled with COVID related pauses and interventions.

A marketing/communications department cannot do nearly as much as it could previously with restrictions based on testing. Especially during the summer leading up to the season.

I would expect some sort of high-impact series to continue when things get back to some sort of normal. Hopefully this summer.

Just some thoughts.
The program nor the fan support command ongoing coverage.

Just some thoughts.
I just want them to win in the fall. My thoughts now are of basketball, lacrosse and baseball. I’ll start ramping up my interest again in August. Until then, anything I hear about the football team is an unexpected bonus.

Just some thoughts.
I like your thought process ( AO. ) I think if some people could reach out to guys like ( Mink ) ( Bailey ) ( McAllister ) ( Carlson ) and ( Axe ) we might be able to get a little more coverage than we normally do, I know these writers are busy now covering men's and women's hoops and lacrosse among other things but I for one can take in some SU. football news any day of the year.

They've been in stealth mode and went 1-10. Maybe it's time to try something different. It can't be much worse.
What are they going to say or show at this point. Look how much we are lifting, look how in shape we are. The season comes and everyone is hurt, we get pushed around the field, we can’t run the no huddle because players are gassed, D is on the field for 2/3 of the game so they get gassed and the wheels come off in the 4th quarter.

I’m not going to buy into their propaganda anymore. I’m at the point where it’s put up or shut up for Dino and the team. No more belief without evidence crap. Show me.

Also beat Pitt and BC. I’m so sick of losing to them.

I like your thought process ( AO. ) I think if some people could reach out to guys like ( Mink ) ( Bailey ) ( McAllister ) ( Carlson ) and ( Axe ) we might be able to get a little more coverage than we normally do, I know these writers are busy now covering men's and women's hoops and lacrosse among other things but I for one can take in some SU. football news any day of the year.
You obviously don't understand how it works if you think that those folks aren't providing more coverage by choice. Reaching out to them will do nothing. It's up to Coach Babers how much access is granted and he seems to prefer little to none.

I also liked the videos. Especially Mo Neal talking about growing up in Gastonia, NC. I started not liking them when we continued to lose. I would like to see some decent wins before we go back to utilizing the La Familia videos. Use it as a motivational tool.

What are they going to say or show at this point. Look how much we are lifting, look how in shape we are. The season comes and everyone is hurt, we get pushed around the field, we can’t run the no huddle because players are gassed, D is on the field for 2/3 of the game so they get gassed and the wheels come off in the 4th quarter.

I’m not going to buy into their propaganda anymore. I’m at the point where it’s put up or shut up for Dino and the team. No more belief without evidence crap. Show me.

Also beat Pitt and BC. I’m so sick of losing to them.
Don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom