Next step is Swider to gain confidence | Syracusefan.com

Next step is Swider to gain confidence

Cuseball

Starter
Jesse has made the jump and is now a big time threat at both ends. Now if we can get Swider to be a consistent knockdown shooter that will put tremendous pressure on the opposing defense. I think he is close but needs a couple feel good games to make the leap. FSU isn’t really the opponent for that but an efficient game from him to complement the other threats would be huge. Benny would also be a huge development but I think that will take longer.

Cuse!

Pretty sure this is the Swider we’re gonna get. It’s Griffin part 2...without a Braswell on the bench to come in for him

Yep you may be right. Swider is theoretically such a good shooter I have hope that he can get that 3 point average into the upper 30’s or higher but the early returns don’t give confidence

Cuse

Does anyone think Swider is JB's another son? When he stands besides Jimmy and Buddy, they look like three brothers.

Pretty sure this is the Swider we’re gonna get. It’s Griffin part 2...without a Braswell on the bench to come in for him
Yeah, I mentioned that in the game thread as well. Strikingly similar to Griffin.

Swider’s more focused than Griffin. Had some great put backs and hustle plays.
Would agree that Griffin would tend to meltdown entirely and have a poor shooting game affect every aspect of his play. I think the hot/cold shooting aspect is what I would point to. Cole's not Buddy or Joe, imo

I’m getting first year LeRon Ellis vibes. As in, he’s “decent” but not the stud we hoped for.

Will probably be pretty solid next year.

This “he’s here for a year before going pro” narrative makes me realize that I don’t understand any of this at all.

Needs a bit more arc on his 3 pointers. Only 2 turnovers, Really think he will be the second go to guy eventually.

His first year here he avg. 6 pts and 4 boards and he was benched for Tony Scott
Feel like he missed a lot of point blank shots too.

Second year he came around big time though, and was a very solid player.

We need either him or Benny to 'figure it out', soon. We cant have a shooter with a green light shoot 25% from 3, and, a 5* recruit playing the same position be completely lost on the court. Need to see some progress very soon or this year is not going to age well

Needs a bit more arc on his 3 pointers. Only 2 turnovers, Really think he will be the second go to guy eventually.
yup he is pressing on them. coming up short.. when he relaxes and lets it go its pure.. confidence that at some point he stops worrying about making every one..

Moreover I don't see any indication confidence is his problem.
I agree - I think he thinks he is better than he is. Seems - again seems - to get pissy if he doesn't get the ball and hasn't really demonstrated he should be getting the ball. My pep talk would be - do some dirty work and show value beyond rumored shooting prowess. IF your shot is what you claim/think it is, that will come but you need to help in other ways.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom