Next week's polls | Syracusefan.com

Next week's polls

SUintheVille

Former 'Blue Light Special' Announcer
Right now SU is 8 AP, 7 USA Today.

After the new polls come out Monday, what will they be ranked when facing IU?

I say 6 AP, 5 USA Today. This means they jump OH State and either Duke or AZ, whichever looses when they meet on Friday. SU should have put to rest at least some doubters with their Maui performance. Not bad.

Yeah duke actually did well against bama. Also think zona is overrated and duke should beat them.

We'll certainly jump a 2 loss Duke team and probably a 1 loss Zona team unless the Duke game is a classic. OSU will be real tight. So I'll say 6 or 7 in each.

HarrisonJBounel said:
For giggles, Sagarin has us at #11. Okla St is #1. MSU #5, Duke #19.

Good for a laugh now, but Sagarin will get better each passing week. Come tourney time, he's usually pretty good.

http://sagarin.com/sports/cbsend.htm

We were #50 in sagarin before Maui. I actually find him excellent all year long.

Last edited:
Based on schedule of who we played and record, I think we should be #3 behind Kansas and MSU. Look at Zona's schedule thus far. If they lose to Duke (and they will) on paper, we are better and have had a few more wins against real opponents than they have. Zona is always overrated, it seems.

Minny, Cal and Baylor are no slouches.

SUball

Would love to hold 8 all the way into March. A solid 2-seed is nothing to sneeze at.

Based on schedule of who we played and record, I think we should be #3 behind Kansas and MSU. Look at Zona's schedule thus far. If they lose to Duke (and they will) on paper, we are better and have had a few more wins against real opponents than they have. Zona is always overrated, it seems.

Minny, Cal and Baylor are no slouches.

SUball
Agreed. No way Duke, even if they beat zona, should be ranked higher than us. I would say we should be 4 if Ok State wins but we will probably end up more like 5 or 6 if the Duke Blue Jabari Parker's win.

If we win all the games we're favored in, we will have a #1 seed in the NCAAs, and possibly in the ACC if Duke is as weak as folks here say. I think that sentence is a statement of fact.

Whether the team lives up to our expectations is another story. Why not though? I think we have TWO ranked teams left on our schedule, one of which is supposedly highly over rated. Greatest conference ever.

That said, we still have to wait awhile before we can rack up wins like Gonzaga has been known to do, so a #6 would seem about right for the moment until that tally mounts. Let it be noted that I followed the rankings religiously since middle school, I'd like respect as much as anyone.

Last edited:
If we win all the games we're favored in, we will have a #1 seed in the NCAAs, and possibly in the ACC if Duke is as weak as folks here say. I think that sentence is a statement of fact.

Whether the team lives up to our expectations is another story. Why not though? I think we have TWO ranked teams left on our schedule, one of which is supposedly highly over rated. Greatest conference ever.

That said, we still have to wait awhile before we can rack up wins like Gonzaga has been known to do, so a #6 would seem about right for the moment until that tally mounts. Let it be noted that I followed the rankings religiously since middle school, I'd like respect as much as anyone.

Respect.

Respect.

Thanks! But just to be clear, I meant I always wanted to see my team getting respect, not myself personally. Sure that would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath til I figure out the apparently secretive code that has managed to elude my pursuit much of my life. :)