Next year’s roster

Alsacs

Living Legend
PG- Carey
SG- Howard
SF- Brissett
PF- Bazley
C- Chukwu

Bench: Hughes, Moyer, Dolezaj, Sidibe, Washington, Boeheim(non-scholarship)
I am assuming Battle is gone.
We have 2 more scholarships to give out who are we recruiting for next year?
We could use another guard and big.
Even if Battle is back we still have another scholarship and this program needs a full roster and use the extra scholarship.

Flip Carey and Howard. Maybe even Brissett and Bazley.

PG- Carey
SG- Howard
SF- Brissett
PF- Bazley
C- Chukwu

Even if Battle is back we still have another scholarship and this program needs a full roster and use the extra scholarship.

I would love this, I still think Battle comes back unless something happens to he improves greatly.

But I've watched JB coach for a long time, Howard is the starting point guard as long as he's here.

PG- Carey
SG- Howard
SF- Brissett
PF- Bazley
C- Chukwu

From what I've seen of Carey, he's not a PG. He's more of an Eric Devendorf type of player. Needs the ball in his hands A LOT but most of the damage he does is scoring for himself. He can set up others but it's not his strongest offensive skill.

Has JB ever benched a starter than next year? I know OB and DB are better than Matt but you really think JB will demote him?

Has JB ever benched a starter than next year? I know OB and DB are better than Matt but you really think JB will demote him?
Why start someone just to take them out a minute or two into the game.

Moyer isn’t a Senior either. He would be a redshirt Sophomore. Bazley plays a Lamar Odom type game. He should start to help the offense.

Why start someone just to take them out a minute or two into the game.

Dave Siock, Tony Bland, DaJaun Coleman, and Eric Williams say hi.

Those teams didn’t have the offensive problem we currently have.

We need Bazley to start. He is our highest recruit since Donte Green.
He isn’t starting on the bench.

Agree with you 100%. Bazley will definitely start. I was just pointing out that Boeheim has a history of starting guys for token minutes then pulling them quickly.

Agree with you 100%. Bazley will definitely start. I was just pointing out that Boeheim has a history of starting guys for token minutes then pulling them quickly.
Well he needs to amend that and I am sure he will.

PG- Carey
SG- Howard
SF- Brissett
PF- Bazley
C- Chukwu

That's how I see it, too. We'd have depth and lots of positional flexibility with players like Howard, Hughes, Dolezaj all being able to play two different positions. We'd have lots of combinations we could use in both the backcourt and frontcourt, even without Battle - who I assume is gone.

Doesn't really matter what you call the starting guards -- both would handle and pass. Carey would be a better penetrator on paper than what we've had in awhile. Will be interesting to see if playmaking translates better at the next level for him; many guards are more scoring oriented at the high school level.

Couple of thoughts:
  • Moyer slides out of the starting lineup, but would be a valuable bench guy, and return to the starting lineup as an upperclassman
  • Wish we could add a third big behind Chukwu / Sidibe, to protect against Sidibe having long-term effects from the tendinitis. If he's healthy, then that's a helluva pivot tandem, but if he's limited then we're back to using a guy like Dolezaj to spell Chukwu, and none of the other forwards are 4/5 types like we usually have.
  • Hughes could easily start at 2, and will have a year of immersion in the system before hitting the floor next year
  • Looks like shooting could be much improved next season
  • Being able to field a full second unit will make practices really, really competitive [a la 2012 squad]
  • Like 2012 [and 2000], this could be one of those teams that actually does go 9 deep in most games

Bazely from what I have read and seen more and more seems like a perimeter guy trying to play like Durant or like a DerMarr Johnson (actually was a 6’9 SG). I think CuseinCincy saw him live recently and said we shouldn’t be expecting a Derrick Coleman type of player who I have seen comparisons to, even from our coach.

When was Warrick benched? He started every game of his career from SO to SR year.

He started the first half of his frosh year and then was benched for James Thues.

That's how I see it, too. We'd have depth and lots of positional flexibility with players like Howard, Hughes, Dolezaj all being able to play two different positions. We'd have lots of combinations we could use in both the backcourt and frontcourt, even without Battle - who I assume is gone.

Doesn't really matter what you call the starting guards -- both would handle and pass. Carey would be a better penetrator on paper than what we've had in awhile. Will be interesting to see if playmaking translates better at the next level for him; many guards are more scoring oriented at the high school level.

Couple of thoughts:
  • Moyer slides out of the starting lineup, but would be a valuable bench guy, and return to the starting lineup as an upperclassman
  • Wish we could add a third big behind Chukwu / Sidibe, to protect against Sidibe having long-term effects from the tendinitis. If he's healthy, then that's a helluva pivot tandem, but if he's limited then we're back to using a guy like Dolezaj to spell Chukwu, and none of the other forwards are 4/5 types like we usually have.
  • Hughes could easily start at 2, and will have a year of immersion in the system before hitting the floor next year
  • Looks like shooting could be much improved next season
  • Being able to field a full second unit will make practices really, really competitive [a la 2012 squad]
  • Like 2012 [and 2000], this could be one of those teams that actually does go 9 deep in most games
With a legit 9 on the roster we will press.
JB wants to press. If we have the depth to not worry about fatigue or foul trouble he will mix it in.
We need a big who can post up. I really hope we are recruiting another big. We need a full roster.

With a legit 9 on the roster we will press.
JB wants to press. If we have the depth to not worry about fatigue or foul trouble he will mix it in.
We need a big who can post up. I really hope we are recruiting another big. We need a full roster.
I think bazley will post up some

Bazely from what I have read and seen more and more seems like a perimeter guy trying to play like Durant or like a DerMarr Johnson (actually was a 6’9 SG). I think CuseinCincy saw him live recently and said we shouldn’t be expecting a Derrick Coleman type of player who I have seen comparisons to, even from our coach.
I saw clips of him at LBJ skills academy and saw Lamar Odom.
Odom is basically a level below Durant but a really solid player who was long and tall but not a post player.
That is how I see Bazley. He has handle to drive and can score but his height makes him a forward. Like Odom he can pass as well.

I saw clips of him at LBJ skills academy and saw Lamar Odom.
Odom is basically a level below Durant but a really solid player who was long and tall but not a post player.
That is how I see Bazley. He has handle to drive and can score but his height makes him a forward. Like Odom he can pass as well.
A slightly taller Billy Owens?