Walk On
I’m thinking
Richmond pg
Buddy B sg
Benny sf
Jimmy B pf
Frank c

that’s what I’m thinking

I’m hoping Kadary pg, buddy sg, Benny sf, transfer pf, transfer c. Both big and beefy and braswell/Newton, girard and Frank off the bench. This is what I think we need to compete.

C - Marek
F - Quincy
F - Alan
G - Buddy
G - Joe

Bench
Kadary - 15mpg
Benny - 15mpg

That’s it. We know Boeheim and we know how completely stubborn he is.
I would bet a significant amount of money that at least 1 of those “returning starters” aren’t coming back, if not more

I love griff and he deserves to start more than anyone if he returns, but you're asking too much for him to stop a skip pass dunk to a pair of 6'10 PF/centers 9 times a game. He should take Buddy's minutes at the 2 for 8 minutes a game, and the other 20 we should swap the defense, so he never has to contest a dunk against a center again. That being said playing mostly 2-3 almost requires a mobile 6'9+ pf for 20 minutes. Teams dish much better in today's game.

Would be best for the team if we took Griff or Buddy out of the starting lineup, for that reason, because no way we aren't starting a game in 2-3 with Kadary and one of our returning bigs next year.

Last edited:
Grif is not the first 6'5" guy asked to play the 3 in the SU zone. Heck, Paul Harris was only really 6'4" (so I've been told). The list goes on. And at times he does well in it, getting steals and those off side blocks that SU forwards get so often. His problem as I see it is he checks out / loses focus for extended purposes. Fix that, and he'll do great. In a perfect world like with any 3 his size time at the 2 would work well. Just don't hold your breath waiting for it.
I love griff and he deserves to start more than anyone if he returns, but you're asking too much for him to stop a skip pass dunk to a pair of 6'10 PF/centers 9 times a game. He should take Buddy's minutes at the 2 for 8 minutes a game, and the other 20 we should swap the defense, so he never has to contest a dunk against a center again. That being said playing mostly 2-3 almost requires a mobile 6'9+ pf for 20 minutes. Teams dish much better in today's game.

Would be best for the team if we took Griff or Buddy out of the starting lineup, for that reason, because no way we aren't starting a game in 2-3 with Kadary and one of our returning bigs next year.

Teams purposely come down the floor looking for him, and posting up on his side while knowing what side to dish to. Strongside rebounds same thing. Thing is the high low is better these days and teams like duke, virginia, florida state, Pitt, georgiatech, unc, Rutgers understood that this year. Those are all the teams we lost to. It would be nice to try to win games on the defensive end once in a while. He can block a 6'7 maybe a 6'8 on occasion but a strong 6'10, maybe 2-3 times a year. I love griff he's good enough to play the 1,2,3 defensively just not tall enough for the 3 in the zone. Guerrier Dolez could stuff a center half the time, but Griff is going to get whistled 9 out of 10 times, and back down the others to avoid the and ones.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors