Next year’s starting line up ? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Next year’s starting line up ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have played a forward at the 5 at least 10 mpg the past 5 or 6 seasons. I don’t think that’s stopping this year. Could easily see a scenario where Swider or Jimmy play some 5 this season.
Strong dislike.

40 minutes of actual centers that are reasonably good on offense should not be like finding a unicorn, for Syracuse basketball.

We have played a forward at the 5 at least 10 mpg the past 5 or 6 seasons. I don’t think that’s stopping this year. Could easily see a scenario where Swider or Jimmy play some 5 this season.
So if JB plays someone other than Edwards-Sidibe-Ansalem he has is saying defense doesn’t matter.
It’s a joke man.
How he is so inconsistent to just do what he wants and what he says to rationalize it.

Strong dislike.

40 minutes of actual centers that are reasonably good on offense should not be like finding a unicorn, for Syracuse basketball.
You are correct yet it has been the case for the last half a dozen years and that indeed deserves a strong dislike

Strong dislike.

I don’t disagree, but I totally see this happening against certain teams.
So if JB plays someone other than Edwards-Sidibe-Ansalem he has is saying defense doesn’t matter.
It’s a joke man.
How he is so inconsistent to just do what he wants and what he says to rationalize it.

Ehh I think Lydon changed his mind. Problem is we have yet to find someone since him that could shoot 3’s and be a rim protector.

I don’t disagree, but I totally see this happening against certain teams.

Ehh I think Lydon changed his mind. Problem is we have yet to find someone since him that could shoot 3’s and be a rim protector.
Lydon as you said was a rim protector. I don’t see it with Swider or Jimmy Jr. as a rim protector.

Edwards should be a 28-32 MPG guy it sucks it probably won’t happen.

I am extremely confident Joe and Sidibe are starting next year.

Very confident about Joe, almost zero confidence that Sidibe starts. #1, I believe that Edwards has far greater defensive potential. #2, Sidibe's healthy history makes counting on him in any capacity difficult. #3, he's been away from competitive ball for about a year, so no idea what to expect if / when he returns. If we could get solid backup minutes out of him, I'd be pleased.

Very confident about Joe, almost zero confidence that Sidibe starts. #1, I believe that Edwards has far greater defensive potential. #2, Sidibe's healthy history makes counting on him in any capacity difficult. #3, he's been away from competitive ball for about a year, so no idea what to expect if / when he returns. If we could get solid backup minutes out of him, I'd be pleased.
Really zero confidence? At worst Sid will be a ceremonial starter and quick pull.
More likely 30 seconds into each game he will pick up his 2nd foul and somebody else will come in.

I don't disagree with any of those points. I still think he starts game 1. That was what I meant. Not that he will be starter all season. On day 1, I expect Joe and Sidibe to be starting.

I don't disagree with any of those points. I still think he starts game 1. That was what I meant. Not that he will be starter all season. On day 1, I expect Joe and Sidibe to be starting.
Jesse earned his spot

Not if they’re playing similar minutes. The starting job will be his after Sidibe’s gone.
Jesse earned the starting spot. He’s the better player with better upside.

Jesse earned the starting spot. He’s the better player with better upside.
I agree he has more upside. Sidibe hasn’t done anything to lose his starting spot, though.

If Benny doesn’t play 25 MPG next year I give up.
If JG plays more than 30 MPG then how will we be able to recruit guards.

We were a bubble team this year - if Girard is playing 30 mins again - then we are a bubble team again - that is - if and only if - the ACC is way down again - if not, we are are competing for a spot in the the NIT

Jesse's leash is far from being permanently removed. We think he's ready, but Coach isn't there yet.

Sidibe starting despite his history isn't without recent precedent - DaJuan Coleman.

We were a bubble team this year - if Girard is playing 30 mins again - then we are a bubble team again - that is - if and only if - the ACC is way down again - if not, we are are competing for a spot in the the NIT
Not sure why this take by you guys is seen as so controversial by others. Kadary flat out won S.U. a few games, and altered the momentum of a couple of more. That needs to be replaced. Maybe it will, but it needs to. Point guards matter.

Start of the season

JG
Buddy
Benny
Cole
Sid

by ACC time

swap Benny and Jimmy

Im hoping he’s a day 1 stud, is the best all around player on the team, and is so good that he plays 35.

Williams will be:

40% from 3pt range
Our best shot blocker
Our leader in steals
Our most consistent threat to drive and finish

He'll play 35+ unless we're up or down a lot.

Your basketball reasoning fails to account for JB's loyalty.

If Sidibe can go, he will be the starter, even if it's a token starter. If fate gives us the guy from the last 6 games of 19-20, Edwards and Anselem can wait a year and enjoy celebrating an ACC title while doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom