Next year’s starting line up ? | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Next year’s starting line up ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with all of this.

That said -
I also find it funny how many are anointing Jesse the starter and being 'more talented' and 'better defensively' and deserving of All The Minutes at Center, based on a small sample size of say 6 games at the end of this last season.

While also completely dismissing Sidibe as being a viable starter and having talent, since he 'only played great for 6 games at the end of the season' the year prior.

I guess that's recency bias in effect.

I don't think there's been a bigger Sidibe fan throughout his career than I have been. I loved him as a recruit, I thought he'd make a bigger impact offensively, given his skills, and I was disappointed that his body failed him.

That said, he wasn't the defensive stopper that many of our centers have been [some of that was based upon his relative lack of experience, due to injuries, as well as him being exploited physically inside by bigger, stronger inside players]. Jesse is just as skinny, but showed a lot more in terms of being an imposing defender when given the opportunity. Admittedly, this is a limited sample size. But given what he showed, I expect him to start.

I would LOVE for Sidibe to bounce back enough to finish his career on a high note. I don't trust his ability to get / stay healthy, so my expectation [which is semi-pessimistic] is that he'll be managed by the coaching staff to not put too much strain on him. That means a bench role, but where he could play 20 per game [and maybe more some games]. But that they'll proactively try to limit the amount of wear and tear on his fragile knees. Which also feeds into the notion that Jesse starts.

I'd be really happy to see Jesse take the next step in his effectiveness, now that he got a bigger dose of intermittent PT this past year, while Sidibe simultaneously shakes the injury bug and gives JB a great "problem" to figure out, with two effective 5's to divvy minutes up between.

The man in charge likes experience. Buckets starts at SF in a 3 guard line-up. We can pull it off with Sid and Jesse splitting time at center. Sid starts. Cole starts over Benny but Benny gets 20 minutes a game; maybe more later on. If Sid and Jesse don,t perform, Buckets goes to SG.

The man in charge likes experience. Buckets starts at SF in a 3 guard line-up. We can pull it off with Sid and Jesse splitting time at center. Sid starts. Cole starts over Benny but Benny gets 20 minutes a game; maybe more later on. If Sid and Jesse don,t perform, Buckets goes to SG.
Good lord, hopefully not.

That lineup is drunk.

My lineup would be:

Edwards
Swider
Benny
Buddy
Joe

JB will be:

Sid
Jimmy
Benny
Buddy
Joe

As long as Sid’s legs don’t fall off.

This is the least likely lineup in the history of organized sports everywhere.

Just read this whole thread start to finish. Man that was depressing. And at times down right hysterical.

I’ll stick with my original prediction

Joe
Buddy
Cole
Benny
Sid
Are you envisioning a token start sort of thing for Sid or think he will be healthy enough to give some solid minutes?

Are you envisioning a token start sort of thing for Sid or think he will be healthy enough to give some solid minutes?

if he’s cleared he’ll start and play.

I’m cool with whoever starts next to Benny. I think I’m higher than most on Jimmy but there isn’t a bad option between a versatile, solid rebounding forward or the second best shooter (behind Buddy) in the ACC.

Either way we’re starting an old guy and bringing in one of the better 6th men in the league. I like that.

Surprised so many people don’t think Jimmy starts. I think he will and Swider is the first off the bench - they’ll play the same minutes but I bet JB starts Jimmy

He hasn’t run or scrimmaged at all this summer. A huge if. Is Sidibe really better than Jesse?

I don’t know what he’s done on the court this summer. He’s been home and he’s posted pictures of working b-ball camps. But he hasn’t been cleared yet.

I don’t know what he’s done on the court this summer. He’s been home and he’s posted pictures of working b-ball camps. But he hasn’t been cleared yet.
If he hasn't been cleared, that means he's not playing with the team, correct? It was such a huge deal that Jesse couldn't get back from Holland last summer, why wouldn't this be a huge deal for Sid this year?

If he hasn't been cleared, that means he's not playing with the team, correct? It was such a huge deal that Jesse couldn't get back from Holland last summer, why wouldn't this be a huge deal for Sid this year?

I don’t remember the huge deal with Jesse. Who made it a huge deal? Was it JB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom