Next year’s starting line up ? | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Next year’s starting line up ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He hasn’t run or scrimmaged at all this summer. A huge if. Is Sidibe really better than Jesse?

If healthy, yes.

Just my opinion, but I don’t think Frank returns if he thinks he’s #3 at C. And he’s #3 if Sid is healthy….therefore the transitive property….

unless he’s gonna get time at the 5 and 4.

Franks gonna get 25-30 between the 4 and 5, otherwise he would have left
That’s an absurdly high amount. Even if Sidibe doesn’t play at all this year I bet Frank gets 15mpg max and it all comes at the 5. With Benny/Jimmy/Swider all able to play the 3/4 , there just won’t be enough minutes at the 4 for Frank, not to mention offensively we would be severely limited with that lineup.

Its possible in a pinch Swider could play the 2, but it’s hard to imagine that Benny/Jimmy/Swider get any minutes at the 2. And since that’s the case, barring foul trouble or injury I can’t imagine Frank playing the 4

PG to me is the biggest concern. Hoping Joe turned the corner last year defensively and with his handle. Always felt better at the two coming off the bench. Limited options.
SG - Buddy. Just hope JB does not run him 40 min a game for the entire season.
SF Cole or Benny rotation
PF Frank and Jimmy rotation
C Jesse with frank shifting in when jimmy comes in at PF
No idea about Sid because of health.
Frank won't be in any forward rotation.

Franks gonna get 25-30 between the 4 and 5, otherwise he would have left
No. Frank unless there are serious injuries, gets no where near 25 minutes. Honestly, he will be lucky to play 10. He is way behind where they thought or hoped he would be. He is going to play and 2 of Jimmy Jr., Benny and Cole are going to sit? No chance of that. As for the 5, if Sid can't go, that opens a possibility of some minutes but I expect Cole or Jimmy to get some minutes at the 5 behind Jesse if Sid can't play.

Isn’t this setting up for
30 MPG Joe Girard
38 MPG Buddy Boeheim
25 MPG Benny Williams
25 MPG Cole Swider
30 MPG Jesse Edwards

Bench
30 MPG Jimmy Boeheim
12 MPG Symir Torrence
10 MPG combined Bourama Sidibe/Frank Ansalem

I can’t see Jimmy starting if JB is fair unless Jimmy earns it during the course of the season. Benny off the bench is dumb and Swider didn’t transfer here to come off ths bench.

Jesse was returning for his second year last summer.
It’s year 3 for Jesse. The team was so good defensively when he played.
Sidibe should embrace the BMK role off the bench.
If he starts he better be healthy. We started a lot of games slowly last year. Starting faster would be great.

This season being great depends 100% on PG play and having a defensive C in the middle of the zone.

That’s an absurdly high amount. Even if Sidibe doesn’t play at all this year I bet Frank gets 15mpg max and it all comes at the 5. With Benny/Jimmy/Swider all able to play the 3/4 , there just won’t be enough minutes at the 4 for Frank, not to mention offensively we would be severely limited with that lineup.

Its possible in a pinch Swider could play the 2, but it’s hard to imagine that Benny/Jimmy/Swider get any minutes at the 2. And since that’s the case, barring foul trouble or injury I can’t imagine Frank playing the 4
I can’t even imagine in a pinch Swider plays the two. About as much chance of him there as Frank there.

Frank won't be in any forward rotation.

Well, if three of JBJ, Williams, Swider and Buddy are injured/in foul trouble, is say Anselem is now The Man at the 4.

Last edited:
Isn’t this setting up for
30 MPG Joe Girard
38 MPG Buddy Boeheim
25 MPG Benny Williams
25 MPG Cole Swider
30 MPG Jesse Edwards

Bench
30 MPG Jimmy Boeheim
12 MPG Symir Torrence
10 MPG combined Bourama Sidibe/Frank Ansalem

I can’t see Jimmy starting if JB is fair unless Jimmy earns it during the course of the season. Benny off the bench is dumb and Swider didn’t transfer here to come off ths bench.
Wow, I fully expect a certain amount of nepotism, but 30 minutes for Jimmy would be way over the top unless he is much better than I am anticipating, in which case, he should then be legitimately starting.

Wow, I fully expect a certain amount of nepotism, but 30 minutes for Jimmy would be way over the top unless he is much better than I am anticipating, in which case, he should then be legitimately starting.
No chance he plays less than 25, so 30 wouldn’t be a stretch.

We have problems with our ooc schedule, zero doubt Jimmy is starting by ACC time IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom