Next year is going to be SO different | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Next year is going to be SO different

You’re wrong about this. And you’ll realize how much after about 5 games next season. JMHO

I tend to believe it's wrong too, but seems like we have the recruits to come in and replicate what OB did, Battle on the other hand not so much.

Brissett's rebounding alone will be difficult to replace. As will the rebounding and shot blocking presence that Chukwu provided. Let's hope that Sidibe is healthy and figures out how to stay on the court.

Yep. Most important variable for next year's team.

But if he's not healthy by November, he will never be who he was in HS, and we should figure on 10-15 minutes a game out of him. That's what Coleman was able to give us, and there were times that it was enough, an influx of toughness into a game, some physicality. Sidibe might get better if we don't have to ask as much of him. If we can get 5-8 minutes each out of Ajak and Edwards, then add in 10 or 15 from Marek when we play small ball, and that could all work. Sometimes doing it by committee can work.

2019-20 Orange will go as far as Carey and Guerrier take them imo. Lots of wiggle room with the other guys.

Yep. Most important variable for next year's team.
What concerns me most is ball handling. I think Carey will get there but will need some time. Buddy at the 2 hurts us there and Eli can't handle pressure. Hopefully one of the 2 frosh have ACC caliber handle but we'll see.

i knew this would be a defense, but it was 10 years ago and have heard it over and over how we would be better the next year because of <insert freshman or freshmen name(s) here> or because <insert departing players name here> was bad for the team. I give you 2009 but for the past 5 or 6 years we have not been better year in and year out and have been a bubble team, I don't realistically see how we're not a bubble team, we don't have a Wes Johnson impact player on this roster, nothing close to it.

Not a "defense," just an example.

I think we actually might have an impact player -- Jalen Carey. If he comes close to living up to what the player many believe he is, then we've got some other nice puzzle pieces around him. In fact, I think next year's season hinges upon three factors:
  1. Will Carey emerge as a "dude" type of scorer / playmaker?
  2. Will Sidibe bounce back physically, and anchor the pivot?
  3. Will Guerrier make a splash, or does he need a year?
Big "ifs," I get it -- but if those three questions get answered positively, then next year's team could be quite a bit better than you are suggesting.

And if even one of those things doesn't work out, then the season is going to be frustrating.

Wish I was as optimistic about next year as many of you are.

I’m cautiously optimistic with a very heavy emphasis on cautious. I expect 17-19 wins. Anything more than that would be grand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom