Next year, NY6 or better | Syracusefan.com

Next year, NY6 or better

GoSU96

Living Legend
Comes down to Robinson staying and the OT depth developing.

I think there are enough interior OL to fill the one spot between Heckel, DDavis, Byrne, and Duerig. P. Davis or Vettorello could move inside and Evans could go to OT.

Key is finding the five best guys.

I think the team is going to be really good at the skill positions on offense and will have a solid two deep at DB. The depth at DL and LB will be greatly improved by this recruiting class.

I think there are enough interior OL to fill the one spot between Heckel, DDavis, Byrne, and Duerig. P. Davis or Vettorello could move inside and Evans could go to OT.

I think the team is going to be really good at the skill positions on offense and will have a solid two deep at DB. The depth at DL and LB will be greatly improved by this recruiting class.

i think the difference next year is in the wr core. i expect all the young talent to develop and someone to break out. plus, jackson can play. this should really open the offense up.

for a team who just had back to back 4-8 seasons and will be replacing several contributing seniors including one of the most prolific players in SU history with a RS-Sophomore at the QB position, who competes in a division with a perennial top 3 team, that's asking an awful lot don't you think?

We are going to be a really good team next year, but expecting us to go 11-1 or 10-2 is kind of insane. We could easily go 8-4 next year and be a very good group.

I would love to see us in the NY6, but basically stating right now that we will be there next year is completely insane

Robinson isn’t on any draft boards. I think he’s coming back

if we get a play making WR the passing game will open up. the oline wont be any worse than last year and could be the same or better than this yr and we have way more potential to make plays next yr

Awfully lofty expectations...

Will need immense improvement from the Oline. It was overwhelmed by both ND and Clemson. If you want to compete against those types of teams, then you have to match them in the trenches...

for a team who just had back to back 4-8 seasons and will be replacing several contributing seniors including one of the most prolific players in SU history with a RS-Sophomore at the QB position, who competes in a division with a perennial top 3 team, that's asking an awful lot don't you think?

We are going to be a really good team next year, but expecting us to go 11-1 or 10-2 is kind of insane. We could easily go 8-4 next year and be a very good group.

I would love to see us in the NY6, but basically stating right now that we will be there next year is completely insane

Let’s be honest - any prognostications at this point are completely insane. Anything could happen. FSU and Louisville were supposed to be hard games last year.

We'll have to see if Dino can get some grad transfers/JUCO's in the offseason. Those types of guys have been crucial in us getting here thus far, and I wouldn't doubt it if Dino got some more in the offseason.

Gotta have goals, man.

Replacing ND @ Yankee stadium with @ Maryland is pretty big.

I suppose a team on our side of the conference could emerge, but realistically we look like the strongest contender after Clempson in the ACC.

IMO, there are 2 things that need to happen for us to have a chance at NY6 or better.
1) DeVito has to grow into the role quickly, he has to learn when to get out of the pocket and feel/ diagnose the rush faster as well as keep his head up when doing so.
2) We need at least 1 LB to step up from the younger group and keep the rest of our D-line intact.

We play Duke and Maryland next year.. Both of those teams are going to be difficult, especially UM so early in the year with DeVito still cutting his teeth. I am predicting 8-4

Gotta have goals, man.

Replacing ND @ Yankee stadium with @ Maryland is pretty big.

I suppose a team on our side of the conference could emerge, but realistically we look like the strongest contender after Clempson in the ACC.

Next year is a whole new team, player leadership, and journey. Hopefully we do well and I expect we will but who knows. I’m enjoying the #17 ranking right now, Congrats to the coaches and Players,

Duerig is a RS Jr. We need to find out if he is coming back. I hope he does.

IMO, there are 2 things that need to happen for us to have a chance at NY6 or better.
1) DeVito has to grow into the role quickly, he has to learn when to get out of the pocket and feel/ diagnose the rush faster as well as keep his head up when doing so.
2) We need at least 1 LB to step up from the younger group and keep the rest of our D-line intact.

We play Duke and Maryland next year.. Both of those teams are going to be difficult, especially UM so early in the year with DeVito still cutting his teeth. I am predicting 8-4
maryland will have a whole new staff and system

Agree. NY6 is possible, but should in no way be the expectation. Got some great pieces returning, and coming in, but so does a lot of other ACC teams. What we really don't know about is how TD will perform. We think we have an idea based on what we've seen, but it's much too small a sample size. I think expecting 7 next year is realistic, but could easily win 8, or 9, even 10...who knows...but to expect a NY6 bowl, is a bit much.

There's only one way to avoid Swofford screwing us over in bowl selections

FoolishAgitatedCrossbill-size_restricted.gif

Not asking a lot at all.

The schedule is as favorable as it will every be. Lville will still be a mess. FSU isn't going to fix it's OL in one season. NCSt will have a new QB and the monster WR will be gone. Pitt, BC, Wake, are at home. The OOC is very favorable. It's likely there won't be a cold weather game all year. Devito fits what they want to do on offense better.

The RB rotation will be set, Adams for Strick, Howard gets a full year of coaching, but he's set for the short yardage close redzone role. The firm of Harris, Johnson, Johnson and Riley will get even more partners. This might be the best two deep in the secondary in program history. Two high end DE's and three very experienced interior DT's.

I don't think it's NY6 or bust, but you look at the schedule and the only team we are the clear underdog against is Clemson. Every other game we should actually be favored.

maryland will have a whole new staff and system
Yeh I know... but on the road, DeVito's 2nd game next year and Maryland does have some talent with decent recruiting classes over the last couple of years. It could be a tough one for us.. I do expect us to be about 6 point favorites.. just not a gimme

Not asking a lot at all.

The schedule is as favorable as it will every be. Lville will still be a mess. FSU isn't going to fix it's OL in one season. NCSt will have a new QB and the monster WR will be gone. Pitt, BC, Wake, are at home. The OOC is very favorable. It's likely there won't be a cold weather game all year. Devito fits what they want to do on offense better.

The RB rotation will be set, Adams for Strick, Howard gets a full year of coaching, but he's set for the short yardage close redzone role. The firm of Harris, Johnson, Johnson and Riley will get even more partners. This might be the best two deep in the secondary in program history. Two high end DE's and three very experienced interior DT's.

Agree. People need to get it in their heads that this year isn’t a fluke. The biggest returner is Dino Babers.

Orange bowl since #2 ACC goes there next year assuming Clemson will probably be in the playoffs again. But the big dream of course is the playoffs for us. Realistically though, the NY6 would be special.

I can’t help but look at how favorable the schedule is next year, and with Clemson at home thinking there’s a punchers chance we make the playoff. Wouldn’t be disappointed if it didn’t happen...but it’s not entirely insane (only about 75%).

A lot depends on how devito adjusts... and how quickly the new parts can gel. @Terps could be a toss up very early in the season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom