Next year will be a ton of fun | Syracusefan.com

Next year will be a ton of fun

ManleyRocks

Walk On
Close your eyes. Imagine a team that buys into being a team, a healthy Bourama Sidibe, a bunch of guys with chips on their shoulders (several of which are hometown guys). Imagine these guys who are upper classman and not rail thin laying some beef on their opponents and those opponents not having a revolving door to the basket if they make it past the top of the zone. Imagine JG III focusing on being a point guard and distributing the ball to multiple guys with high basketball IQs who know where to be and who can shoot the lights out. Imagine the national hype and story that could build across the season as these guys march through teams that have been decimated by new coaches, lost players and new transfers and young 5 stars who are only auditioning for the NBA. If Bourama can play and Jesse continues to develop and Frank returns to keep learning and Joe does not feel pressure to score and can truly be a point guard that makes others successful, this coming season could be stuff of legend. FIngers crossed that the stars align.

I prefer Edwards getting as many minutes as he can handle with Frankie getting the rest. Sid doesn't move well enough. If Edwards doesn't start with the postseason he had and JB running off Kadary and Woody I will be firious.

Joe and Symir will do a good job.

Not sure how good Benny will be recruits in his ranking area can vary wildly from extremely dominant to extremely dissapointing.

Boehiem, Boeheim, and Swider are going to take a lot of shots I am also unsure if they will hit at a high clip.

I think we are a top 3 ACC team or close. Duke/UNC/Ville/UVA don't scare me. Maybe we only see FSU once after seeing them 0 times. We could match up vs them.

OOC schedule could be unkind if we don't show up in Nassau and lose the ACC-B1G challenge. 4 tough games in a little over a week we could be bubble'd again in early December if we don't play well in those.

My fear is this will be a very unathletic slow team. It might fit the offensive system but that’s my only fear. I think this is the most depth in a long time but if it’s not used then it won’t matter. But dang am I liking this squad

My fear is this will be a very unathletic slow team. It might fit the offensive system but that’s my only fear. I think this is the most depth in a long time but if it’s not used then it won’t matter. But dang am I liking this squad

There is a guilty pleasure of I really want to like this team but not sure I should do that to myself going on...

Are you counting Quincy in or out

I’m from Missouri when it comes this team and program in the regular season until we show it.

I have us going between 17-14 and 21-10 next year.

That’s where I’m at. I can’t be quite as optimistic as some of the other posters. I’m not in the “winning streak is in jeopardy” camp that pops up every year. But this team is going to struggle to defend and struggle with defenses that really pressure the ball.

Why do people think this team will be better than the last?

Why? I’m not saying it will, but it could based on the following.

Buddy playing an entire season without the effects of Covid and producing like he did in February and March.

An addition of a a 5 star forward that is extremely efficient at scoring around the basket.

A full season of contributions from Edwards.

The addition of more shooting in Swider.

I acknowledge Joe is the biggest question mark, but I still think he can improve.

And the winning streak in Jeopardy thing won’t happen. At worst we will be around 19-12 or 18-13. That’s where we bottom out.

Why do people think this team will be better than the last?

1)A healthy roster
2) True centers
3) Bigger frontcourt
4) More options on offense
5) Experience and player development
6) Possibly better team defense and rebounding?

Last is that the above overcome what we are losing. Ultimately that is what matters. I think that we will be better by way of that. It will come down to seeing how it plays out. I won't sit here and play the game of we lost Kadary and Woody so crash and burn here we come.

1)A healthy roster
2) True centers
3) Bigger frontcourt
4) More options on offense
5) Experience and player development
6) Possibly better team defense and rebounding?

Last is that the above overcome what we are losing. Ultimately that is what matters. I think that we will be better by way of that. It will come down to seeing how it plays out. I won't sit here and play the game of we lost Kadary and Woody so crash and burn here we come.

More options is subjective no? we lost 3 starters, marek, Richmond, griffin, bras and maybe Q.

I dont necessarily see that we added better parts. 2 role players and an Ivy League kid.

joe still has to handle the ball and run an offfense. He’s a bottom half acc pg.

More options is subjective no? we lost 3 starters, marek, Richmond, griffin, bras and maybe Q.

I dont necessarily see that we added better parts. 2 role players and an Ivy League kid.

joe still has to handle the ball and run an offfense. He’s a bottom half acc pg.

This is the definition of subjective as well. Benny isn't a role player, Cole is likely more than a role player too in our system. Jimmy is an experienced addition so yes role player possibly more at times.

There is a lot of let me tell you how you are wrong and stop this BS optimism in posts like this. It isn't getting better till we change everything... Do I have that right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom