Next year will be a ton of fun | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Next year will be a ton of fun

This ^^. I just don't understand why people are being so down on next year already. It's kinda crazy. Why don't we see how things look once the team comes back from summer and are playing. Really there's not enough information to even make an educated guess right now because allot can change between now and next season. Most players practice their craft and actually get better. Maybe others get added...maybe not. Who knows is the point. No need to be down on them now.
It’s very important to put yourself in a position where you can say, “I told you so,” if things go wrong.

For me, one of the biggest pluses for next year is at center. Assuming that Bourama is healthy and what we saw of Jesse last year, we will have a better rebounding team when either one is on the floor.

And that is saying nothing about the improvement in defense at that spot.

Not to be the when shots are falling guy but ya. When the 3s go down we will be able to beat anyone and when we don't it will be ugly. Not much athleticism or guys who.can get to the basket. I'd like to add another player whether it's Q or a transfer.
I think you may have got to the crux of it--if Q comes back, we may be set. If not, hit the portal.

A reach--perhaps if the proverbial "late bloomer" HS guard is floating around in the summer, and is willing to be the 4th guard (or even redshirt), there might be another addition.

This team is going to fall somewhere between 2010 and 2017.

I am relatively confident we are going to generate high volume scoring with very good efficiency.

The question will come down to defense and rebounding (and chemistry).

CDB being healthy OR Frank coming back goes a long way to giving me confidence about both of those things and might be the most important variable for next year. If one of those happens, we will no longer be in double digit seed zone.

Having 2/3 of Benny/Cole/Sy play above expectations (on O & D) is the variable that could get us to 2010 levels, if CDB and/or Frank is full go.

I actually like that all of our forwards will be in their first year in the system because I think that lowers the chance that JB puts them at the 5 (I am assuming Q is gone)

Final prediction relates to Frank staying but if he does I think we could get close to 2010 levels.

1. Sy will be a better ball handler AND shooter than people think (more like Triche than KR)
  2. Cole will shoot as well as buddy on lower volume but board and defend better than people think
  3. Benny is the one I have lower expectations for but if he can give us a poor mans Melo, that’d be cool (not counting on it)
  4. Buddy will not dip (>40% from three and efficient from 2)
  5. Junior will shoot and rebound better than people think and give us Big Rick like moves on the block, though in small doses
  6. Frank could give us the biggest impact on D at the 4/5 since Grant
  7. Edwards will be serviceable and provide good depth and rebounding/D
  8. CDB would be an above average starting Center in every phase of the game if healthy (5th year senior)
  9. Big Joe - Upside call option (do they make downside call options? ;))
Edward’s is going to be REALLY good, if he gets stronger. And by that, I think he will be really, really good. Lots of rebounds and blocks. Lots of thwarted forays to the basket. No reason he can’t score at least 8 PPG next year, as well.
PG are far more replaceable than some one as big, and long, and skilled as Jesse, who also seems to have a good feel for the game.
He will improve exponentially this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom