Next year's frontcourt | Syracusefan.com

Next year's frontcourt

Newhouser

Hall of Fame
If OB comes back and Quincy arrives on campus - both those guys start or Quincy comes off and subs for OB and Hughes meaning Marek is full time 5? Has Q been officially cleared and what are the realistic expectations - will his numbers match Battle's? OB?

I know everyone is concerned about our guards and PT, but we seem to have too many forwards if everyone comes back and I cannot see any reason why any of our front court players would not come back (other than PC).

If OB comes back and Quincy arrives on campus - both those guys start or Quincy comes off and subs for OB and Hughes meaning Marek is full time 5? Has Q been officially cleared and what are the realistic expectations - will his numbers match Battle's? OB?

I know everyone is concerned about our guards and PT, but we seem to have too many forwards if everyone comes back and I cannot see any reason why any of our front court players would not come back (other than PC).
I think Quincy will be really good and will play big minutes. The forwards will be OB/QG/Eli in my opinion with Marek playing the 5 with someone else.

Oshae will get the start and big minutes. He rebounds. Its a complete foreign concept to the rest of our team.

Oshae will get the start and big minutes. He rebounds. Its a complete foreign concept to the rest of our team.
Quincy is a good rebounder and a strong kid. He is also older than many realize. I think he will be 20 years old when next season starts.

Depends on a couple of items.
  • Does Sidibe bounce back, spend the offseason getting his legs back to where they need to be, or is his bounce gone?
  • Does Buddy automatically start at 2 next year, or might he continue to come off of the bench if Hughes were to shift to 2?
  • How "ready" is QG to contribute at a high level right away?

IMO, those three unknowns will determine how the rest of the lineup shakes out everywhere but PG.

Quincy is a good rebounder and a strong kid. He is also older than many realize. I think he will be 20 years old when next season starts.
I bet he gets quality minutes to start the exhibitions and season. If he can prove he can rebound like Oshae, and be a more reliable impact on offense than oshae, then he’ll quickly earn those minutes. I’ve not known Jb to easily give away an upperclassmen’s minutes though.

I think quality minutes by Guerrier would more immediately impact Marek than Oshae.

Assuming Marek makes strides this offseason and locks down the 5, maybe not.

Moving Hughes to the backcourt creates an even larger logjam in the backcourt. There are five guards who will want to play next year. Three forwards and Marek is not an overload of forwards. Sidibe and Marek will both play the five with possibly some minutes for our freshman. JB is not beholden to any of our upperclassman, so we might look at a more flexible rotation. I can’t see any of our guards seeing close to thirty minutes a game next year.

The frontcourt will theoretically be stacked and our clear strength next season. Seems like there’s not enough playing time to go around with Quincy coming in, and I’m high on Braswell’s potential. So, yea, we could be playing Marek at the 5 a lot, like we did this year or maybe even more. Hughes or Quincy could get some limited time at the 2 as well when Buddy needs a breather?

C - Marek (Sidebe backup/JBA)
F - OB (Quincy/Marek/Braswell)
F - Hughes (Quincy)
G - Buddy (Goodine/JGIII)
G - Jalen or JGIII (HW)

No, JB isn’t going to play 12. We’ll have the skinniest front court in the country.

C - Marek (Sidebe backup/JBA)
F - OB (Quincy/Marek/Braswell)
F - Hughes (Quincy)
G - Buddy (Goodine/JGIII)
G - Jalen or JGIII (HW)

No, JB isn’t going to play 12. We’ll have the skinniest front court in the country.
I perish the thought of going into the season with Dolezaj and Sidibe as our 2 only options at center.

Cuse Hoop In ‘19-‘20 is the year everyone is going to need to find a hobby.

Mine will be avoiding this board.

We are currently in Meltdown DefCon Level 3.

I expect reality to hit in around September and we will go to Meltdown DefCon Level 2.

After the 1st game it will be no joke, this place will be a disaster.

Even the chicken littles will look at people and go, ‘wow, what a chicken little.’

People who havnt posted in 20 years will be here to lose their collective shlit.

It’s going to be ugly.

What like to see what JBA is capable of out of the gate.

I perish the thought of going into the season with Dolezaj and Sidibe as our 2 only options at center.
Jon Bol Ajak is an option. Largely unknown option, but it’s an option.

He’s got kind of a mixed past recruiting rankings. Was once ranked really high in PA, but then I think he got hurt and fell off. Hopefully he’s a pleasant surprise. Can also play the 4.

Cuse Hoop In ‘19-‘20 is the year everyone is going to need to find a hobby.

Mine will be avoiding this board.

We are currently in Meltdown DefCon Level 3.

I expect reality to hit in around September and we will go to Meltdown DefCon Level 2.

After the 1st game it will be no joke, this place will be a disaster.

Even the chicken littles will look at people and go, ‘wow, what a chicken little.’

People who havnt posted in 20 years will be here to lose their collective shlit.

It’s going to be ugly.
Virginia game is gonna be ugly.

Marek has read this thread and has enlisted the help of Bruce Banner as his "bulk-up" consultant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom