Next Year's Team Most Coachable In A While? | Syracusefan.com

Next Year's Team Most Coachable In A While?

EastCoast2

Board Mathematician
Feel free to substitute "coachable" with "likeable" and think about it that way. I was thinking about the roster next season and it seems as though every guy we have returning or joining is a good kid, good student, and easy to root for. There's no Devendorfs or Fabs hitting girls, and hopefully nobody that is looking to be selfish as a tryout for the NBA, or take a "semester off" in the spring and hurt the APR.

How can you not root for this team?

Triche - hometown kid, quiet, does what he's asked, sat long stretches and never publicly complained or screamed at JB
Southerland - very good kid from all reports, great teammate, always hustles, fanbase has been rooting for him since 2009.
Fair - Exceeded expectations both seasons, quiet kid, always hustles, nice improvement from frosh to soph yr.
Keita - Epitome of always hustling, does what he's asked, sat for long stretches and never complained
MCW - great team personality, well-spoken, may be the face of the team next year, only had one "incident" with JB vs. UConn, accepted role last season
Christmas - same as MCW, could tell he was frustrated but kept his cool, knew he would have much more opportunity next season, how can you not like a kid with his last name?
Cooney - top 50 recruit that was redshirted while healthy. Ate it up, worked hard every day in practice
Coleman - hometown kid, focused on playing in the NBA, hopefully will listen to everything the staff tells him to do
Grant - well-spoken from an NBA family, knows he may need to wait til his soph yr. to get significant time, seems to do everything well, may be SU's next Wes Johnson
Mookie?? - Please just graduate, and please shoot it every time you get it when we're up 20.

Perhaps 2012-13 will harken us fans back to the glory days of 2009-10. Unfortunately the only evidence of that team exists in newsreels and black and white photos.

i think next years team wins the whole thing. mcw, fair and triche blow up, rak improves, cooney plays john paxson..coleman is what we expected and james continues to be big game james. bmk and grant politely fill in where necessary. mookie becomes ottos sidekick. cant wait for 12-13 version.. but enjoying the mets at 6-2 and the knicks still in the hunt for now

Feel free to substitute "coachable" with "likeable" and think about it that way. I was thinking about the roster next season and it seems as though every guy we have returning or joining is a good kid, good student, and easy to root for. There's no Devendorfs or Fabs hitting girls, and hopefully nobody that is looking to be selfish as a tryout for the NBA, or take a "semester off" in the spring and hurt the APR.

Triche - hometown kid, quiet, does what he's asked, sat long stretches and never publicly complained or screamed at JB
Southerland - very good kid from all reports, great teammate, always hustles, fanbase has been rooting for him since 2009.
Fair - Exceeded expectations both seasons, quiet kid, always hustles, nice improvement from frosh to soph yr.
Keita - Epitome of always hustling, does what he's asked, sat for long stretches and never complained
MCW - great team personality, well-spoken, may be the face of the team next year, only had one "incident" with JB vs. UConn, accepted role last season
Christmas - same as MCW, could tell he was frustrated but kept his cool, knew he would have much more opportunity next season, how can you not like a kid with his last name?
Cooney - top 50 recruit that was redshirted while healthy. Ate it up, worked hard every day in practice
Coleman - hometown kid, focused on playing in the NBA, hopefully will listen to everything the staff tells him to do
Grant - well-spoken from an NBA family, knows he may need to wait til his soph yr. to get significant time, seems to do everything well, may be SU's next Wes Johnson
Mookie?? - Please just graduate, and please shoot it every time you get it when we're up 20.
Excellent point, never thought of it like that.

We can tell that MCW can get caught in the heat of moment sometimes, but the kid seems to be a natural leader and he'll get his PT so I don't expect any issues. Everyone else is extremely humble and accepts their role, obviously the unknowns are Coleman and Grant; but I don't think we have the egos next year that we've had in the past (even this past year was pretty good)

Makes me wonder if we have anyone on the team with the personality/moxie to put the team on its back and be the guy?

I think MCW takes this team over as the vocal leader! The man with the ball in his handss the most! I also feel that Triche is that quiet leader who just makes plays.

i agree about mcw i think he becomes the vocal rally the troops guy along with dirty. brandon will be the silent killer but a leader by example.

Cast of characters (coachable guys) for next season is almost the same as the recent edition. Scoop and KJ were good guys and coachable. Dion made a 180 turn-around from his frosh year. Fab may have had girl friend issues, or academic laziness issues, but he was coachable & likeable on the court.

Maybe Grant, DC2 and Cooney will show more citizenship off the court, and do better in the classroom?

The real difference -- will next season's team have guys who can be a force on defense (Fab) or brilliant at times on offense (Dion). Or just be nice guys?

How are you so certain that "incidents" dont happen when cameras arent around? You made quite a few assumptions in your post.

How are you so certain that "incidents" dont happen when cameras arent around? You made quite a few assumptions in your post.
Trust me, over a 6 month season, every kid on the team will have a run in with JB. It just happens. High school, college, CYO, NBA teams, it happens all the time, but when it's as public as that showing was it when it's serious. I'm sure JB was on Scoop's arse during practices, or yelling at Keita to catch the darn ball, but you don't see or hear about that.